General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar rope thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 03:01 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

For all of you who poo on the idea of the whip, I use mine more as a "I'm here so don't pull into me, in front of me, or into my lane" whip, and it has done THAT job well, MANY times!! I've watched cars ahead of me starting to move over into my lane as I'm coming up to pass them, and then "whip" back over into their lane (pun intended), allowing me to go by them peacefully and without incident. It's the movement of the whip, back and forth, up and down, that gets cager's attention, as anything moving in your peripheral vision does for you, too (it's a survival of the fittest thing), and THAT is the reason I have one on MY bike, so cars won't run me over or pull out into or in front of me. It really doesn't get caught in moving parts on the bike, as some suspect, because the speed of the wind pulls it almost straight back, though I have had it beat against my arm/shoulder with a strong side wind. When you slow down, it just drops to hang straight down.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by SWFLGuy
Y’all are getting worked up over something most of you don’t even do, just other people are doing it and y’all are upset.
Thats weird.
It's common to bash others.

"Ignorance is the parent of fear"
H. Melville

The following users liked this post:
SWFLGuy (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:12 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Use it for what its intended

I **** on the whips bc too many people use em for looks and not for what they were intended for. I agree with you on how to use em. Thats what they are for. They get that name for a reason. I dont use em bc I prefer other things.
Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
For all of you who poo on the idea of the whip, I use mine more as a "I'm here so don't pull into me, in front of me, or into my lane" whip, and it has done THAT job well, MANY times!! I've watched cars ahead of me starting to move over into my lane as I'm coming up to pass them, and then "whip" back over into their lane (pun intended), allowing me to go by them peacefully and without incident. It's the movement of the whip, back and forth, up and down, that gets cager's attention, as anything moving in your peripheral vision does for you, too (it's a survival of the fittest thing), and THAT is the reason I have one on MY bike, so cars won't run me over or pull out into or in front of me. It really doesn't get caught in moving parts on the bike, as some suspect, because the speed of the wind pulls it almost straight back, though I have had it beat against my arm/shoulder with a strong side wind. When you slow down, it just drops to hang straight down.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
If i took that bat and cracked your thin skull with it, I guess I was playing baseball. QUOTE=upflying;18227834]A baseball bat shows intent....to hit a baseball.
Bat must used as a weapon to show intent.
[/QUOTE]

I have a bat signed by 8 Astros from the 1967 team. I got it to show friends. Got a baseball same year with just Joe Morgan's signature. Never played ball at the park with either.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:21 PM
SpockJenkins
Tourer
Received 313 Likes on 129 Posts

A pen is just a pen. But if i took it and stuck it in someone that would show intent on doing harm...WHICH IS MY POINT
No, that would be a felony assault. Showing intent would be waving it around while threatening to stick it in someone's head. Also, using all capps isn't helping your argument. In addition, while not being a millennial myself, I knew a few who gave there lives in the service of this country, so give that **** a rest.

The following 3 users liked this post by SpockJenkins:
BluesStringer (05-02-2019), crazytown (05-02-2019), SWFLGuy (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:22 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default You got ****

and your point is what? Your like a talking heads song. I have a bat signed by 8 Astros from the 1967 team. I got it to show friends. Got a baseball same year with just Joe Morgan's signature. Never played ball at the park with either.[/QUOTE]

Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

I **** on the whips bc too many people use em for looks and not for what they were intended for. (Snip)
This is where we disagree.. These 30"-36" braided lanyards ARE used for show.
I state my experience.
You state your opinion.
We simply disagree.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

double

Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM
FxdwgGuy
Intermediate
Default Foxtrot Alpha Gulf

the title says it all.
Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
This is where we disagree.. These 30"-36" braided lanyards ARE used for show.
I state my experience.
You state your opinion.
We simply disagree.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member

the title says it all.
It's ok if you want to believe myth over truth. No problem. You'll have company.

Your choice.

Quick Reply: Handlebar rope thing