General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar rope thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 08:03 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,844 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
Same as you got guys claim to have been dumb enough to throw ball bearings at cars behind them.
I have seen videos online of people getting their windows busted out. Not sure by what but something.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:08 AM
Bama Lee
Road Warrior
Received 1,537 Likes on 678 Posts

[QUOTE=FxdwgGuy;18226484]Having a whip shows intent. Thats my point. When I have my pistol on me, the need to use it may not be there but the intent is. If you dont plan on using it dont have it. What? It looks cool? Hahaha!

..........soooooo......are you an active, ex, or retired L.E.O.?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:23 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,102 Likes on 661 Posts

[QUOTE=Bama Lee XLC;18227167]
Originally Posted by FxdwgGuy
Having a whip shows intent. Thats my point. When I have my pistol on me, the need to use it may not be there but the intent is. If you dont plan on using it dont have it. What? It looks cool? Hahaha!

..........soooooo......are you an active, ex, or retired L.E.O.?
I agree with him and I'm none of those.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:32 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by rick601
.....I also kinda think they make you more noticeable on the road.
....... ohh, be serious
.... if they don't see the half ton piece of rolling artwork yer riding, some flappin' tassel isn't gonna get their attention

The following 3 users liked this post by groupw:
BluesStringer (05-02-2019), Hdbkstl (05-02-2019), Uncle Larry (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 09:46 AM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

I would try a swap meet or a rally. Also leather shops. Not sure if these were covered already. Just a thought: I wouldnt put one on my bike bc it brings attention.
Well, I don't worry too much about attention as long as whatever draws it is legal for me to do. Still, like I said before, even though perfectly legal here, I have no desire or use for a GBW even though I like to think my scooter screams "attention *****" just for how good it looks. LOL I tend to think that there's a bit of an attention ***** in anyone who rides a sinister looking blacked out or flashy looking chromed out scooter, not to mention the rumbling sound of even the more quiet bikes. If you ride a Harley, you're already drawing attention. I can't live for what other people think about how my bikes or cars or trucks or my openly-carried weapon looks to them, or even how I look while driving/carrying them.

Blues

Old 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,628 Posts

a monkey fist is a good one. Learn the knot and use 550 cord.
I have a thing that hangs on my antenna that i got by making a donation to the disabled vets. There were selling these at a bike event and you got one by making a donation. Made out of paracord and about 8 inchs long. I think it's really meant to be a keychain but when i got it i was standing by my bike and i just hung it there and it's been there ever since.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:39 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,844 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by BluesStringer
Well, I don't worry too much about attention as long as whatever draws it is legal for me to do. Still, like I said before, even though perfectly legal here, I have no desire or use for a GBW even though I like to think my scooter screams "attention *****" just for how good it looks. LOL I tend to think that there's a bit of an attention ***** in anyone who rides a sinister looking blacked out or flashy looking chromed out scooter, not to mention the rumbling sound of even the more quiet bikes. If you ride a Harley, you're already drawing attention. I can't live for what other people think about how my bikes or cars or trucks or my openly-carried weapon looks to them, or even how I look while driving/carrying them.

Blues
Most people don't really think much about the person who is riding a bike any more they think about the person who is driving a car. This includes other riders. They may take an interest in the bike itself or something draws their attention to it like the sound or the color etc...But it's the bike that is getting noticed and people arent checking out who is on it. The only time that happens IMO is when the person is being a douchebag and blasting their pipes etc.....then people just think you're an ahole. Other than that, you're just like anyone else on the road--an anonymous individual. What people decide to put on their bike is their own affair. Owning something nice and wanting it to look nice is pretty normal. But if people get real preoccupied with their image, which often seems to be the case with riders,. they have made an error in judgement. People don't give two shakes about any of that. They are not thinking about you and don't care.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,309 Likes on 6,748 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Absolutely one of the dumbest looking things a person can attach to their motorcycle.
Agree.

The following users liked this post:
FxdwgGuy (05-02-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 11:03 AM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
Most people don't really think much about the person who is riding a bike any more they think about the person who is driving a car. This includes other riders. They may take an interest in the bike itself or something draws their attention to it like the sound or the color etc...But it's the bike that is getting noticed and people arent checking out who is on it. The only time that happens IMO is when the person is being a douchebag and blasting their pipes etc.....then people just think you're an ahole. Other than that, you're just like anyone else on the road--an anonymous individual. What people decide to put on their bike is their own affair. Owning something nice and wanting it to look nice is pretty normal. But if people get real preoccupied with their image, which often seems to be the case with riders,. they have made an error in judgement. People don't give two shakes about any of that. They are not thinking about you and don't care.
What I said about how I look was parenthetical at best. All but the last 9 words were talking about how the bike looks, so yeah, I get it. Thanks for the tip though.

Old 05-02-2019, 11:07 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Absolutely one of the dumbest looking things a person can attach to their motorcycle.
Originally Posted by Cozz
It should be called - Stupid Looking Handlebar Rope Thing.
Originally Posted by JeremyJustice
ohhhh pull up a chair to this dumpster fire of a thread, it'll be good.......
Originally Posted by RHPAW
They're called Get-Back Whips because if you call them Douche-Nozzles, nobody knows what that is.
Just like fake tattoo sleeves, punisher skulls and a myriad of other things, you got to make sure that everyone thinks you're one bad **** at all times.

Quick Reply: Handlebar rope thing