General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boardtracker HD and ESP warranty info.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Boardtracker HD and ESP warranty info.

Just thought I'd share some info I got today. One the ESP warranty link there was a place to request a call back from them. As I do have their warranty on my bike, I requested a call. Kathy called me today and I inquired as to the standing of mine and others warranty with the recent deal going on with Boardtracker. She said that the ESP is not effected in any way by what else is going on. Something added that the ESP is backed by the other big warranty company. I cant remember their name right now. And she claims that Boardtracker will be reopening in the near future and that the closing as required for some reason.

I also asked if they would also be bringing back the online discount parts deal. She didn't say definitely but really hoped so as it was a pretty good money maker for the company. So, take it for what its worth, guess we will see in time but I just thought I'd pass this on and all those with ESP should a bit better is all is as she says. At least they're still manning the phone and there's no empty dial tone there.

The following 2 users liked this post by cdestuck:
ChrisHo (04-25-2019), Oko (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Acro57
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update! You saved me a call, I was wondering the status of the ESP warranty with all the Boardtracker news.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:25 PM
GHarris
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

My ESP purchased through Jim at Board tracker is with a company named Cornerstone.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,279 Likes on 6,733 Posts

Thanks for the information.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:37 PM
Dazza1
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. Greatly appreciated.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:38 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Posted today on Discount ESP's Facebook page:

Boardtracker Harley-Davidson is temporarily closed while they bring in a new management team. This closing will not impact any of the contracts which have been purchased through Discount ESP.

All my clients with CornerStone contracts and First Extended/Assurant Contracts are valid. The coverage is backed by the administrators and the insurance companies.

I've been assisting riders with their ESP coverage for over 12 years. We ran this successful program before Boardtracker HD and will continue to do so with a goal of consistently improving the coverage offering.
Our goal is to provide riders across the country, a resource to purchase mechanical breakdown coverage at an affordable price. My goal now is to address the impact aftermarket accessories play on the factory warranty. Riders should be able to customize their motorcycles WITHOUT losing powertrain coverage.

More to come very soon!

Happy Easter and enjoy the ride!

Jim Palmer
jim@discountesp.com

The following 2 users liked this post by IdahoHacker:
cdestuck (04-20-2019), mazz (04-21-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 07:27 AM
wheelock4
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I might have missed it but is this a discount esp or the Harley esp?

Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelock4
I might have missed it but is this a discount esp or the Harley esp?
It's the Discount ESP, not the one HD dealerships sell.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:18 AM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Posted today on Discount ESP's Facebook page:

Boardtracker Harley-Davidson is temporarily closed while they bring in a new management team. This closing will not impact any of the contracts which have been purchased through Discount ESP.

All my clients with CornerStone contracts and First Extended/Assurant Contracts are valid. The coverage is backed by the administrators and the insurance companies.

I've been assisting riders with their ESP coverage for over 12 years. We ran this successful program before Boardtracker HD and will continue to do so with a goal of consistently improving the coverage offering.
Our goal is to provide riders across the country, a resource to purchase mechanical breakdown coverage at an affordable price. My goal now is to address the impact aftermarket accessories play on the factory warranty. Riders should be able to customize their motorcycles WITHOUT losing powertrain coverage.

More to come very soon!

Happy Easter and enjoy the ride!

Jim Palmer
jim@discountesp.com
So Jim, why did everybody lose their job if the only change is in the management team?

Old 04-25-2019, 04:42 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,271 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Originally Posted by joes bar and grill
So Jim, why did everybody lose their job if the only change is in the management team?
It is not uncommon for new owners to change all existing manpower.

I know of one H-D dealership that was sold and even the previous owner's son was also let go.

Sucks for anyone to lose their job but employer's do have the right (in most cases) to hire and fire "at will" employees.

Quick Reply: Boardtracker HD and ESP warranty info.