General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cleaning/polishing products

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 09:23 AM
ChetB
Road Master
Received 561 Likes on 288 Posts

Turtle wax paste wax, 303 detailer. Both work very well for me, make the bike really look great, and last a long time.

The following users liked this post:
cruisn (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 10:23 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,227 Likes on 810 Posts

The turtle! Didn't know they still made wax

Old 11-06-2019, 01:22 PM
ChetB
Road Master
Received 561 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
The turtle! Didn't know they still made wax
Several different kinds, check out their website!

Old 11-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Damagelnc
What do you guys use to get swirl marks out of black paint? Previous owner looks like he waxed it with emery cloth.
What eagle said. Look and try 3D one. Stuff is legit. Start with a white pad or heavy polish pad. I finished out a bike with SONAX perfect finish and a black pad afterword, but you can use ONE too. PM me, i just did a black tundra and road glide using ONE.

Last edited by Hdbkstl; 11-06-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by ChetB
Several different kinds, check out their website!
TW ICE seal and shine is actually good stuff

Old 11-06-2019, 02:08 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Ive read about the seal and shine but haven't used it. Im trying to scale back some of my supplies, running out of room and some stuff has been put to the back for so long it needs to go.
After saying that, I went to Pep Boys yesterday to get a oil filter for my wife's CTS. Walk in and half the place is marked off with yellow caution tape at 70% off signs everywhere. They are shutting down the retail part of the store. Bought a few bottles of Mothers Bug and Tar remover. They had a gallon of meguires final inspection but I left it, not a meguires guy. before the discount bill was $40 and change. Gave them $14 and change. Almost felt bad, like I did something wrong

Old 11-06-2019, 02:09 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
What eagle said. Look and try 3D one. Stuff is legit. Start with a white pad or heavy polish pad. I finished out a bike with SONAX perfect finish and a black pad afterword, but you can use ONE too. PM me, i just did a black tundra and road glide using ONE.
I am a huge fan of 3D polish. One of the few that finishes down how I want it to on vivid black

Old 11-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,297 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Well after I started this, I did a lot of thinking.... then I got a Griots Garage catalog in the mail. I ordered a polisher, car wash, wax, some polish cloths and what not. I cleaned and used their clay bar type pad, polishes, waxes, sealers and that took me two days. Had wait time between some of the different products. Things do look much better. My intent was to get after my van this summer, but that never worked out. I like reading Eaglefans posts.... I feel pretty comfortable with his recommendations. (btw.... I got these before I really started paying attention to Eaglefan!) But maybe next year weather and time will work with me to detail the van. Wanted to do bike again before I put in storage, but again time and weather.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:17 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Well after I started this, I did a lot of thinking.... then I got a Griots Garage catalog in the mail. I ordered a polisher, car wash, wax, some polish cloths and what not. I cleaned and used their clay bar type pad, polishes, waxes, sealers and that took me two days. Had wait time between some of the different products. Things do look much better. My intent was to get after my van this summer, but that never worked out. I like reading Eaglefans posts.... I feel pretty comfortable with his recommendations. (btw.... I got these before I really started paying attention to Eaglefan!) But maybe next year weather and time will work with me to detail the van. Wanted to do bike again before I put in storage, but again time and weather.
GG makes some good stuff Spartan. I haven't tried the correcting creme but it gets great reviews. Enjoy the process, as a hobby it should be fun!
Lifetime warranty on the polisher, that cant be beat!

Old 11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

On the rims and aluminum, mother mag and aluminum polish, that stuff will almost make it look like stainless steel... Brings out a nice shine...
And Lucas on the paint and chrome works for me

Quick Reply: cleaning/polishing products