General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cleaning/polishing products

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 318 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
845 is far from a secret. Tons of detailers still use it because of the price and longevity. 845 had/has a nice following
Yea...its hard to beat the look of jescar powerlock topped with 845. Blackfire and pinnacle have coatings on the market now. I want to try the gyeon pure. That will be my next experiment

Old 11-05-2019, 12:22 PM
BuckKnuckle
Road Master
Received 1,044 Likes on 404 Posts

I used to use Maguire's for everything. Then I tried Mother's. Mother's is better IMHO.

I use Bug Slide for the fairing, as it seems to make it easier to remove bug guts. Mother's
quick detailer for everything else -- even does an excellent job on chrome.

The following users liked this post:
Woffski (05-20-2021)
Old 11-05-2019, 12:48 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,227 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
Yea...its hard to beat the look of jescar powerlock topped with 845. Blackfire and pinnacle have coatings on the market now. I want to try the gyeon pure. That will be my next experiment
Ive used the Blackfire, nice coating at that price point. Was going to put Pinnacle on the wife's CTS, but I'm waiting for the new 22PLE coating. Ive used their coatings the most and I like them the best for vehicles, daily drivers.

For the bike, Polish Angel Cosmic and High Gloss. High Gloss is outrageously priced but my goodness does it deliver. The best look I have gotten out of anything I have had on my bike. Its that good.

Gyeon had me interested when they hit the market, but after reading guys reviews and their comparisons to other coatings, I decided to pass.
22PLE consumer coatings are real close to other companies "Pro Only" coatings, like CQ Finest, etc.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master

Ive used the Blackfire, nice coating at that price point. Was going to put Pinnacle on the wife's CTS, but I'm waiting for the new 22PLE coating. Ive used their coatings the most and I like them the best for vehicles, daily drivers.

For the bike, Polish Angel Cosmic and High Gloss. High Gloss is outrageously priced but my goodness does it deliver. The best look I have gotten out of anything I have had on my bike. Its that good.

Gyeon had me interested when they hit the market, but after reading guys reviews and their comparisons to other coatings, I decided to pass.
22PLE consumer coatings are real close to other companies "Pro Only" coatings, like CQ Finest, etc.
i want to try 22ple, i have heard good things about them. I heard polish angel is coming out with their own "true" coating. I offer customers mckees, but tell them I can run what ever one they want.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:00 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

One of the great things about 22PLE is I can see it so much better when applying it and any high spots. Best way to describe is it looks like oil in water.
Another detailer is waiting on Insanity to be sent to him to try. He does some testing for them I think. After he tries it he is going to let me know about it. If he gives it the thumbs up its going on the wife's CTS.
Cosmic is super easy to apply, just has a lot of "Wait" time. If you haven't tried High Gloss, its worth the coin. Absolutely crazy on black paint.
Check this hell cat out. After reading this, I had to try it

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...k-hellcat.html

Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master

One of the great things about 22PLE is I can see it so much better when applying it and any high spots. Best way to describe is it looks like oil in water.
Another detailer is waiting on Insanity to be sent to him to try. He does some testing for them I think. After he tries it he is going to let me know about it. If he gives it the thumbs up its going on the wife's CTS.
Cosmic is super easy to apply, just has a lot of "Wait" time. If you haven't tried High Gloss, its worth the coin. Absolutely crazy on black paint.
Check this hell cat out. After reading this, I had to try it

https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...k-hellcat.html
I meant to say angelwax is suposedly coming out with a new one. Megs just showed theirs at SEMA yesterday too. I will have to try the 22ple.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:09 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,734 Likes on 4,240 Posts

Why are you putting a couple coats of wax on it?
Because it takes about 2 minute to apply a coat of wax to every waxable surface, and about as long to buff it out afterward.

Sometimes when it's raining....shining and buffing my bike is all that I have.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Damagelnc
Cruiser
Received 105 Likes on 45 Posts

What do you guys use to get swirl marks out of black paint? Previous owner looks like he waxed it with emery cloth.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:18 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Damagelnc
What do you guys use to get swirl marks out of black paint? Previous owner looks like he waxed it with emery cloth.
Machine to polish with. I always do a test spot. The compounds/polishes I use are Menzerna, 3D and CarPro. Pads, Lake Country and CarPro

Old 11-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Damagelnc
Cruiser
Received 105 Likes on 45 Posts

Machine to polish with. I always do a test spot. The compounds/polishes I use are Menzerna, 3D and CarPro. Pads, Lake Country and CarPro
Thanks

Quick Reply: cleaning/polishing products