General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint spokes ideas cheap (prework pics added)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:59 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Paint spokes ideas cheap

Hey Pococj,

Yes, I think you are exactly right. I am afraid it would take away from the colors off the skins. I just come in from prepping them for paint. Of course the spokes only. If you looked at my pics you will see that they are they only thing that needs attention and they are not that bad. While I was prepping I got to thinking and decided that all are going to be metallic silver. It would sure look gawdy painting some a different color. And since I am not disassembling them, it would be difficult to paint the maroon in the tight spots. Staying with the silver it will blend in with the chrome of the hub and rim. Thanks for your opinion.
Eventually I am going to replace with cast or something that is easier cleaned and a tubelesstire will mount on.

Thanks again.

I asked you once before months ago how you got the nickname POCO, butYou did not respond. In the 60s and 70s there was a band called Poco. Any thing to do with that? Maybe you are Latin!Is that not a Latin word for small or little? I really don't mean to embarass you, but I just down loaded some of Poco's music this week.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

Hey Pococj,

(Snip some on a good spoke-painting choice)

I asked you once before months ago how you got the nickname POCO, butYou did not respond. In the 60s and 70s there was a band called Poco. Any thing to do with that? Maybe you are Latin!Is that not a Latin word for small or little? I really don't mean to embarass you, but I just down loaded some of Poco's music this week.
THE MAMA & I used to run a small foundation quarterhorse spread. The horses' bloodlines all came from Poco Bueno, a very famous quarterhorse. This was when a quarterhorse was for working cattle, and not bred to thoroughbreds to make 'em faster. Poco Bueno was a "good little" horse.

When we first got online, our youngest son used pococj (little CJ) as his screen name, as both our initials are CJ, and he was just a pup back then. When hegrew taller than me, I inherited the screen name.

And I'm Scotch-Irish-Pennsylvania Dutch.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:37 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks,

I was just curious.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post