General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"The look" and Full Face Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:56 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: "The look" and Full Face Helmets

I don't know if it would make a difference wearing a 1/2 helmet or full face. I have never felt any different when approaching an on coming biker when it comes to waving or not...no matter what he's/she's riding...not to mention wearing. I do notice though, on cooler or cold days, not as many people wave cause they're freezin their butts off. Rest assured, you (with the full face helmet) will still be a lot more comfortable in those cooler temps.

Don't feel lonely! We're with you in our hearts! Hug ...Hug...There, doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy now? LOL

Enjoy the ride!

Old 10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oldrookie

Its a Caberg Justisimo Titanium. You can get different colours for the inner visor :- Black, Mirror, Iridium and its ACU Gold approved which means you can go racing on track with it.

It will also convert into an open face (Kit comes with Helmet) for hot weather if you want and still keeps the outer clear visor if you want it and the inner coloured visor

Its a popular helmet over here and scored very well in Motor Cycle News tests and costs approx $275 (£160)

Old 10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
oldrookie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PWHOG,

Thanks. I'll look into it. (and eventually, maybe out of it. )

Old 10-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Lurch11712
Intermediate

I have a full face helmet, a half helmet, and a 3/4 helmet. I want to get a full face with the flip up chin and visor. Of all of them I prefer the full face helmet and I have borrowed a friend's flip up chin and visor helmet and really found it quite comfortable. I don't care what anyone else thinks, It is my own choice to wear a helmet and I have a 3 year old little boy that I want to be around to see him grow up.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:01 PM
diesel
5th Gear

Have you ever seen the face of a rider that went down face first with either no lid or an open face lid? most people would not want to,
It's your face, pretty or not it is still better if it is on the front of your head, as far as waving goes, some people are snobs "what can you do"
Do I wear a full face! No, but then I am way too stupid to do the right thing, I am still waiting to lose this macho ego of mine, funny what peer pressure can do to a person.
You go ahead and wear it and don't worry about peer pressure, much more comfortable in the rain and cold any way, as far as the noise goes Ear Plugs my friend.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Mr.Grumpy
Advanced

I too am a "semi-converted" sport bike guy and I have my old Arai an wear it. I did buy a half helmet with the bike. It looks the ***** on my dresser, which is where it stayed since I brought it home. As far as waving goes: if you didn't wave at me a montha go before I bought the HD (most HD riders) I don't want you waving at me now. I wave at evey one BUT cruiser riders. Like I said: semi-converted.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:49 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they're on two wheels I wave. Cruisers, crotch rockets, five year olds on bicycles! If they don't wave back I just assume they're so into the ride they missed me. I love my machine, but the rides not about the machine, it's about being on two wheels. Bring 'em all together, wave at everybody.

As to the helmet. Wear the most protection you're comfortable with putting on. We all take responsibility for ourselves, and helmet choice is about how much risk you want to assume in your life. Above all, do what you gotta do to get out there and ride!!

Old 10-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member

I have to tell all of you...I commented about the waving thing "tongue-in-cheek" as it were. I really don't care if anyone waves or not. I do wave at every rider that I meet regardless of WHAT they ride if I can do so safely.

I spent the afternoon riding with the full-face yesterday. Its still a little clautrophopic when I first put it on, but I settle down and begin to enjoy it's advantages soon after. Its great to be able to block all that cold air.

In regards to the comments on keeping your face - Brad Pitt need not worry about the competition because of mine, but I would like for it to remain in it's current location on my head and in reasonably good shape for the long-haul!

PWHOG - I think I'm going to check into that helmet you've mentioned. It sounds as if it would have a lot of advantages by being able to reconfigure it according to your need at the time.

Its Sunday, and the temps are forecast to reach up into the sixties today. The leaves are finally changing after all the unseasonable hot weather earlier this month. Its going to be a great day in Virginia for a ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I think that the full-face will go along.

Ride safe, everyone

Old 10-31-2005, 01:24 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

First ride on my bike was in December the year we got her. I bought a full face that matched the bikes colors.

The full face was warmer and offered more protection but I felt like I was in a bubble. Couldn't see as well and couldn't hear as well.

I sold the full face to a crotch-rocket riding buddy and ride with my half helmet....I wear a neck gator and or HD stocking cap and some sort of sweat band thingy my wife found at Wally world around my ears.....it works for me.

I wave at everyone generally............and prefer to look like myself and don't care if anyone waves at me or not.

Whatever works best for ya is what you should wear.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Scotto
Banned

I give and receive waves from all types of two wheelers. I doubt the helmet has anything to do with it, some days it just seems like no ones waiving. I dont normally wear a helmet except in the winter when the full face gets dusted off for warmth.People who look at you differently because of the helmet you wear are posers whos oppinion doesnt matter. Wear what feels right.

Quick Reply: "The look" and Full Face Helmets