General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who all is doing The Run For The Wall (RFTW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 04:49 PM
MajorKG
Stellar HDF Member

Received 615 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Who all is doing The Run For The Wall (RFTW)

I will be a FNG this year and plan on riding the whole way from Ontario, CA to D.C vis the Southern Route, anyone else riding?

Old 03-05-2019, 06:58 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,834 Likes on 2,548 Posts

Check around with some of the Vet organizations or look on line for Rolling Thunder groups that may be going. Maybe you could join up with the group, This is supposed to be the last one.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:18 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,834 Likes on 2,548 Posts

Check out the thread on Rolling Thunder at the bottom of this page or possibly on page 2 when you see this.

The following users liked this post:
MajorKG (03-05-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 08:35 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 3,207 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Check around with some of the Vet organizations or look on line for Rolling Thunder groups that may be going. Maybe you could join up with the group, This is supposed to be the last one.
Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Check out the thread on Rolling Thunder at the bottom of this page or possibly on page 2 when you see this.
Rolling Thunder and Run For The Wall are two separate organizations.

While Rolling Thunder has said this is the last year for the protest ride in DC, Run For The Wall has said their mission will continue.

https://www.rollingthunder1.com/

https://rftw.us/

I have done RFTW part way twice. Can't take off enough time from work to ride to CA, then take 10 days to ride back. So I take a week off, ride out to Corydon, IN and meet up with the Central route and ride 4 days back.

I'm doing more with our Legion post to welcome the Legion Riders from around the country, so you will probably just see me on an overpass with a flag as you come into Arlington on I66.

Last edited by VAFish; 03-07-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:48 AM
MajorKG
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by VAFish
Rolling Thunder and Run For The Wall are two separate organizations.

While Rolling Thunder has said this is the last year for the protest ride in DC, Run For The Wall has said their mission will continue.

https://www.rollingthunder1.com/

https://rftw.us/

I have done RFTW part way twice. Can't take off enough time from work to ride to CA, then take 10 days to ride back. So I take a week off, ride out to Corydon, IN and meet up with the Central route and ride 4 days back.

I'm doing more with our Legion post to welcome the Legion Riders from around the country, so you will probably just see me on an overpass with a flag as you come into Arlington on I66.
I have considered the partial approach, mostly as an economic consideration, now that I am retired time isn't really the issue. Thank you for your support of all veteran's organizations.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:54 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 3,207 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorKG
I have considered the partial approach, mostly as an economic consideration, now that I am retired time isn't really the issue. Thank you for your support of all veteran's organizations.
Partial approach is a great thing if you don't have the time. If I was retired I would go all the way.

side note, I live about 15 miles from the host hotel, if you need anything in the DC area let me know.

And if you are a American Legion member swing by Post 177 in Fairfax on Saturday and Post 1976 Sunday after Rolling Thunder.

The following users liked this post:
MajorKG (03-07-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 02:05 PM
MajorKG
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by VAFish
Partial approach is a great thing if you don't have the time. If I was retired I would go all the way.

side note, I live about 15 miles from the host hotel, if you need anything in the DC area let me know.

And if you are a American Legion member swing by Post 177 in Fairfax on Saturday and Post 1976 Sunday after Rolling Thunder.
Thank you, I will let you know if I need anything.