Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The cost of being a MOCO groupie

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:58 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The cost of being a MOCO groupie

If I had money, I'd buy a lot of HD motor clothes. From what I've seen at our dealer, the clothes are all very nice quality, and most are nice looking items. Problem is - I'm broke!!! Wah Wah Wah.. Oh well, maybe Santa will bring me some goodies this year.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear a $29 jacket and 12 buck big gauntlet gloves from a leather dealer when its good and cold. For the money these are AMAZINGLY good items.
When its warm I wear HD fingerless gloves cause they are the best I have seen anywhere.
My wife bought me a HD vest on the closeout rack at the dealer for cheap.
My HD boots came from JC Penney half off sale. (Wife again)
Helmets from EBAY
Jeans from Wal mart.
Longjohns from wal mart
Glasses.............hey, I wear trifocals allready.
Balaclava - a Schampa from the HD shop - best price in town.

I found out that if you make friends with the girls at the accesory counter, they will let you know where the deals are and will even let you know when a sale is going to be so you can wait.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 10-30-2005, 10:57 AM
gee tee
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BikerInTheDesert

It's all about what the market will bear. It's the nature of our economy. HD charges what they charge for everything, bikes to boutique items, because they can get the price in the market. Easy solution to the whole situation, if the items have value for you consistent with the price, buy 'em. If not, shop around. It's difficult for me to blame any organization for profiting from people's interest in the brand. And if the RUB's wanna keep buying stuff, bikes and all, so HD can turn a nice profit, and I can stay in the saddle of my favorite brand, I've no objections.

How long would HD have a stock condom before somebody figured out how to customize it??
I guess it would have a chrome **** on it!!![sm=bling.gif]
.....cant believe I just said that[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of our riding gear is Harley....but not all of it.

I think the MOCO makes some pretty damned good riding gear but they are over priced and $ does not always = quality.

When we do get HD gear it is most always on a really good sale or we don't buy it.

Tech shirts....$80 each....we got both for $60
Cordura riding jackets with HD written down the sleeve and adjustable side tabs......$120 each......we got both for $120
Half gloves w/ gel pads....$35 a pair......I paid $21
Harley Jeans....generally $30+ each.....I generally pay around $20
FXRG Gauntlets....$85 a pair......I paid $45
Cordura Gauntlets.....$55 a pair......we paid $25 each
Harley Womens Boots.....$130......found em for 1/2 off + another $30....that makes $35

Thats $790 worth of stuff that we paid maybe $351 for and was all bought at any one of 10 dealerships in 3 states.....

These are just some examples............and yep, I got a walk-in closet full of HD crap.....but you won't find me paying full price....ever.

Old 11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
navyman
Road Master

Agree with 2BKFXDL. Wife and I both have great jackets and chaps from HD. Got between 20-50% off each item. Great quality. Never pay retail.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:12 PM
TXroadman
2nd Gear

Pay retail for that HD?

Old 11-02-2005, 01:25 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TXroadman

Pay retail for that HD?

For the scoot you mean?

Nope....didn't pay retail for that either. Of course, the dealer was local, I knew the owners, Dad had bought his bike there 4 months prior, I was deployed in Iraq and they cut me a sweet deal....on everything....Bike, leathers, 15% off all accessories and even on the Gold Key package. I was fortunate but still ended up with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in my bike.

You don't have to pay retail to get HD stuff.....you just have to be selective and non-impulsive.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:58 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

THO ONE THING I LIKE TO BUY AT THE HD STORES ARE THEIR JEANS THEY FIT WELL, THEY ARE DURABLE, AND THEY ARENT TOO EXPENSIVE. MY WIFE CANT WEAR THEM CAUSE SHE HAS LONG LEGS AND THEY DONT FIT HER WELL SO SHE SPENDS ENOUGH ON ONE PAIR OF JEANS, I BUY 3 PAIR FOR THE SAME PRICE...LOL

Old 11-03-2005, 04:55 AM
BikerInTheDesert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gee tee

ORIGINAL: BikerInTheDesert

It's all about what the market will bear. It's the nature of our economy. HD charges what they charge for everything, bikes to boutique items, because they can get the price in the market. Easy solution to the whole situation, if the items have value for you consistent with the price, buy 'em. If not, shop around. It's difficult for me to blame any organization for profiting from people's interest in the brand. And if the RUB's wanna keep buying stuff, bikes and all, so HD can turn a nice profit, and I can stay in the saddle of my favorite brand, I've no objections.

How long would HD have a stock condom before somebody figured out how to customize it??
I guess it would have a chrome **** on it!!![sm=bling.gif]
.....cant believe I just said that[sm=smiley5.gif]
I can't either... [sm=yikesomg.gif] What about the bike wash babes? They have chrome polish??

Old 11-03-2005, 06:01 AM
1984FLHT
6th Gear

Jesse James makes more money on t shirts than motorcycles.

Quick Reply: The cost of being a MOCO groupie