General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The cost of being a MOCO groupie

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: The cost of being a MOCO groupie

A Harley-Davidson jacket and two T-shirts came with my bike. Other than that I have several other H-D tees and the wife has a pair of Harley boots bought at the local Hike Shop.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:16 PM
gee tee
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Harley were to make condoms they would have to be singles.The thought of a v-twin makes the mind boggle[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 10-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Alia1200
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah but it's addictive.. I always said I wouldn't do that buying the commercial sh*t thing; the bike would be enough!

Now I have several t-shirts (but they don't count, cos I bought them for my husband - Honest!), a fleece top, 2 hoodies, a bandana and a make-up bag. Yes that's right a make-up bag!

In my defence however, I can say that most of them were bought for me as gifts. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 10-26-2005, 06:01 PM
mchaous
Cruiser

You said it almost right...... HD = Hundred Dollars.

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

I also noticed that the clothing at the HD place was a little spendy. No offense to the folks that want to buy that stuff, but I have shopped around and found what I need a lot cheaper. The Harley I couldn't pass up on but some of the other stuff I can. I guess that it's just like with some other things, once the name is put on it it automatically raises the price a little.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:49 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oldrookie

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

There's talk on another site about the MOCO preparing to debut a line of children's clothing and bedroom accessories. What next, condoms?[&:]
I doubt it. I think those product lines would be mutually exclusive...
Not to mention that if they were made like the bikes they might easily spring a leak. [sm=joke.gif]

Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto for the most part. I did notice that my dealership is having an after Xmas sale...Dec. 26...50% off, Dec 27...60% off Dec. 28th 75% off...select backroom items only. Bet there will be some real "buys" there on the 28th! Unfortunately, I also wear a very popular Harley rider size...extra huge!
BTW, I normally wear an XL or in T-Shirts an XXL. Went to a couple places lately wear they sell nice, but much cheaper chaps and vests...found myself needing a 5XL or 6XL, so be careful buying some stuff. Art

ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

the only harley stuff i buy is t-shirts and i get one from every new dealer i visit.

Old 10-27-2005, 05:01 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Come on now, HD Motorclothes bad quality?--Nonsesnse! Every one of my jackets,shirts, boots, pants, and hats are top notch. The jackets are lined perfectly and the attention to small detail is impecable. Boots are made with quality and much style. Womens clothes are very fashionable and look great on nice figures.

Bottom line--If you want style and quality, you will pay more. You can go to Wal-Mart and spend 150$ and get everything you need to wear all season long, but have you ever wore that stuff after 3 washes? A Rub? Maybe. If loving my bike, and caring for what it looks like, and wearing the logo of something that has been a dream come true while looking good makes me that, then that is cool by me. If you can do it, why the hell not.

I feel very gay now!!

Old 10-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Living Loving Maid
Banned

ORIGINAL: gee tee

If Harley were to make condoms they would have to be singles.The thought of a v-twin makes the mind boggle[sm=yikesomg.gif]
Gee tee!, I HAVE to mind-boggling-ly say...."Now THAT'S what I call DOUPLE DIPPING!"! - Actually though, there is such a disorder (if ya want to call it that! )!, I remember it being the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question last time I played the game, a LONG time ago, but since it was awhile back, I don't recall the exact name...it was something like "dualschlongitis"! [sm=insomnia.gif]

Hey Enzothebaker!, I know you mean "gay" as in "happy"!

[sm=roll.gif] Solorider!, Yeah Mon, their slogan could be...."Slide our glove on your rod before you glide 'n' ride but don't be surprised if your woman's tank ends up knocked-up inside!"!

But seriously, Folks!, my Man & I were recently @ a dealership that had fleece-lined blue jeans, whoppingly priced, so he said in the case of an item such as that, where the Harley name is barely noticeable anyhow, it makes more sense to buy them from a Farm & Fleet-type store, where they're even better quality, too! *smiles* - there IS some cycle-specific apparel, it seems, that you can't really find anywhere else than @ a dealer, especially if you want cool designs, like in head-gear, or blue jeans w/ leather fronts! - I don't/can't go hog wild on the clothing, though, because of my individual style for the "don't" & the cost for the "can't" (I just have about a half-dozen Harley-emblazoned pieces, recently adding 2 whilst shopping w/ my Man!).

Take It Easy Everyone! [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Living Loving Maid

ORIGINAL: gee tee

Gee tee!, I HAVE to mind-boggling-ly say...."Now THAT'S what I call DOUPLE DIPPING!"! - Actually though, there is such a disorder (if ya want to call it that! )!, I remember it being the answer to a Trivial Pursuit question last time I played the game, a LONG time ago, but since it was awhile back, I don't recall the exact name...it was something like "dualschlongitis"! [sm=insomnia.gif]

Hey Enzothebaker!, I know you mean "gay" as in "happy"!

[sm=roll.gif] Solorider!, Yeah Mon, their slogan could be...."Slide our glove on your rod before you glide 'n' ride but don't be surprised if your woman's tank ends up knocked-up inside!"!

But seriously, Folks!, my Man & I were recently @ a dealership that had fleece-lined blue jeans, whoppingly priced, so he said in the case of an item such as that, where the Harley name is barely noticeable anyhow, it makes more sense to buy them from a Farm & Fleet-type store, where they're even better quality, too! *smiles* - there IS some cycle-specific apparel, it seems, that you can't really find anywhere else than @ a dealer, especially if you want cool designs, like in head-gear, or blue jeans w/ leather fronts! - I don't/can't go hog wild on the clothing, though, because of my individual style for the "don't" & the cost for the "can't" (I just have about a half-dozen Harley-emblazoned pieces, recently adding 2 whilst shopping w/ my Man!).

Take It Easy Everyone! [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

As Geoffrey Lewis yelled to Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter..."WHO ARRRRRE YOOOOOU?"

Old 10-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Living Loving Maid
Banned

ORIGINAL: solorider

As Geoffrey Lewis yelled to Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter..."WHO ARRRRRE YOOOOOU?"
I'm your sweetest dream come true!, I'm your groupie!

REALLY THOUGH!, my name is Pollyanna Plaiswitpusslotslately, I hail from Dreamland, I reside in the Land of Milk 'n' Honey & I travel to La La Lotus Land quite a bit! - I'm lascivious, lewd, rude, crude, have oodles of attitude, I'm always in the mood to be w/ my dandiest-lookin', most exceptional through 'n' through, couldn't be more deeply desired dude & I'm very glad to make the acquaintance of the HD Forums brood!

REALLY THOUGH!, only those last two are true!

Ta Ta for now![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: The cost of being a MOCO groupie