Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The cost of being a MOCO groupie

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The cost of being a MOCO groupie

"Oldrookie" - you are absolutely right. I didn't see it myself, but if the MOCO did sell condoms they would negatively impact their latest target consumer base - children. Brilliant observation, sir!

And in reply to "Sporty2003" - What?

Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder if the "Screaming Eagle Stage III Condom" will come pre-lubed with Syn 3 or dino oil? Maybe they'll call it Really Wide Glide.. heheheh

Old 10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
The Punisher
Banned

I totally agree that the MOCO motor clothes are way over priced. I bought a heavy duty leather vest from Yukon Jacks at DELMARVA bike week in Ocean City, MD for $60 bucks. I took it to a patch vendor and bought a black and silver HD bar and shield patch about 12"x12" and had it sewn on by the vendor. That was $30 for the patch and $9 to sew it on. $99 later I had a vest that would be well over $200 at any HD store. I also always try finding HD stuff on ebay before buying from the dealer.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:45 PM
menderle
Advanced

Well I will have to agree with Sporty on this one, everything with a brand name is expensive! I do own three harley items; gloves, leather coat, and a HD stocking hat! Does that make me a RUB? I dont really care what other people may label me as.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Hog_fever
Road Captain

I will say that Harley does sell some quaility stuff but you are definetly going to pay for it. Saw a really nice sweatshirt, but the $49.00 price tag made me chuckle.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:05 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the only harley stuff i buy is t-shirts and i get one from every new dealer i visit.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Hugo
Cruiser

Gotta figure all that crap made in Asia was done for pennies. Can you imagine the friggin "MARK UP"? Talk about *****! That isn't in any sense business. Flat *** robbery. Screw the Stealer & hello Dick's!

Old 10-26-2005, 01:27 AM
Hugo
Cruiser

PS: Nothing will keep you warmer then this one piece suit. I'm going on my fourth winter with mine and it is worth its weight in gold. I have seen them about $20.00 cheaper then the following site. http://www.temeculamotorsports.com/e...PIECE_SUIT.htm

Old 10-26-2005, 01:55 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, I have more Harley shirts than I can wear in a lifetime. Wife has 7 Harley Jackets, Harley boots, Harley everything. We are old and our kids are grown and gone. If you are going to spend it, might as well have fun doing it. Call me a RUB, I don't care, been called worse. Think I will go sit on my Harley Toilet Seat (yes, I really have one) look into my Harley bathroom mirror, and think what a great time I'm having. May even sit at my Harley bar table on my Harley bar stool and make a call on my Harley telephone. God, life is good!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

you think Harley stuff is high go to o.c.c and they make Harley look cheap can you belive they want 700.00 buck for a air cleaner you can buy one of the best for 150.00 once again the name or they want to put mikey in collage . check it out lets hear from you guys .

Quick Reply: The cost of being a MOCO groupie