General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding gear questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019 | 09:59 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I usually wear my Tourmaster jacket and pants. They do everything from mesh in the summer to rain and thermal liner down below freezing. I had one little get off on the freeway wearing that gear, no road rash but banged up some ribs.

Sometimes I'll wear just my leather Fieldsheer jacket and Kevlar jeans.

Old 03-05-2019 | 12:06 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

For warm/hot months, I wear Kevlar lined jeans, 8” leather boots, a mesh riding jacket, mesh riding gloves, and a FF helmet. For winter riding, I wear the same boots, same jeans, leather chaps with a liner zipped in, leather jacket with a liner zipped in, heated gloves, fleece neck gaiter, FF helmet, and if it’s really cold I wear base layers.

Old 03-05-2019 | 12:36 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I do the ATGATT thing. I have a pair over textile/mesh pants I put over my jeans. If I ever go down and slide, I'd like to keep my skin. I started a few years back with a textile/mesh jacket (Fly Terra Trek 4 - not the "typical Harley" jacket) but I added a nice Harley FXRG leather jacket to my stash, which I wear in cooler temps. Full face helmet, riding gloves, and some good riding boots. Oh, and ear plugs are a must.
You're not alone.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 03-05-2019 at 01:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
maydaymike (03-07-2019)
Old 03-05-2019 | 01:02 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member

Helmet: Shoei Neotec
Jackets: Gerbings heated and a Tourmaster mesh.
Pants: Aerostitch Darien light, Draggin Jeans
Gloves: Gerbings heated and REV'IT Neutron 2
Boots: Sidi Tour Gore-Tex

Old 03-05-2019 | 06:43 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I am an old guy and like to put my money towards quality and be done with it. It is helpful that my favorite leather shop is not far from me but they (Fox Creek Leathers) have free shipping. I have their jacket and chaps, also bought a pair of Chippewa engineer boots from them and a couple pairs of gauntlet gloves, one pair waterproof. I have learned that you get what you pay for and as far as upper end leather, Fox Creek is pretty fairly priced. Now take into consideration that they are located in the middle of some prime riding area and you have the perfect excuse to make the trip and buy from them.

Fox Creek is the place to go for leather and foot wear. The first time I went there I wanted a leather jacket for myself. We left with three leather jackets, two pair of gauntlet gloves and other stuff. Fantastic people to deal with. For boots I prefer Wesco. They are expensive but in my opinion well worth the price. A leather face mask is excellent protection in the cold.

Old 03-05-2019 | 06:52 PM
Jack Ryan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mikey21991
I was curious what riding gear everyone has jackets riding pants etc. Got my bike last year wasnt sure what to buy.
Leather.