General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on solo seat for 11 Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:01 PM
BULLY109R
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on solo seat for 11 Fatboy Lo

New to the forum...hello...
Looking for a seat for my girlfriends 11 Fatboy Lo... I've searched and searched to the point of nausea...saddleman, Danny grey, Corbin, mustang, ultimate.... general consensus was Mustang Tripper looks cool and very popular, but lacks in the comfort department. So I looked at the mustang Sport solo because its supposed to be more comfy, but shes not a big fan of the looks and lack of customization. I have a Corbin on my M109 and love it but the seats are like 700+ for the fatboy. I'm open to any brand within a reasonable price point, 400 or below.
ultimately, comfort will have to trump style because were looking to do some long distance trips this season, 6+ hours. I'm hoping I can get the best of both worlds. Shes pretty flat footed and her arms are pretty much fully extended on the stock seat. She gets pain in her tailbone/ lower back after a couple hours with the stocker.
can you guys post up pics of your solo seats with your honest impression? Shes not interested in WIDE seat options or fastback.
thanks@

Last edited by BULLY109R; 02-25-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:53 PM
Ranger Rick
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default seats

Check out C&C seats! They have awesome seats for all models! Ask for Chuck or Shad and they will get you hooked up!

Old 02-25-2019, 07:59 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

I have DG Buttcrack Solo on the same bike... I also have teh Airwhawk add... I would NOT recommend from all day on the bike, but

for a bar-hopper, it's pretty sexy.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:04 PM
BULLY109R
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Ranger Rick
Check out C&C seats! They have awesome seats for all models! Ask for Chuck or Shad and they will get you hooked up!
yeh I been looking a those too, they look thin, how's the comfort?

Old 02-25-2019, 08:05 PM
BULLY109R
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by sbarron
I have DG Buttcrack Solo on the same bike... I also have teh Airwhawk add... I would NOT recommend from all day on the bike, but

for a bar-hopper, it's pretty sexy.
that is sexy man. Wish these seats were more comfortable.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:16 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 599 Likes on 361 Posts
Default to give you some idea

I have a 2009 Fatboy and Crossbones so the seats I have fit and mounts on both bikes (same softails with 200mm tires).

This is the Mustang Sport Solo with backrest. It also fits on the Fatboy

Here is the Fatboy with a Mustang wide seat (17" wide to be exact). VERY comfortable seat.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 PM
BULLY109R
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by HD_fan
I have a 2009 Fatboy and Crossbones so the seats I have fit and mounts on both bikes (same softails with 200mm tires).

This is the Mustang Sport Solo with backrest. It also fits on the Fatboy

Here is the Fatboy with a Mustang wide seat (17" wide to be exact). VERY comfortable seat.
sport solo looks really good on there. How do you like the back rest? Is it a 6hour + seat?
how does the wide feel compared to the solo.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:23 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Cough up another $300 and get the Corbin. I put over 50k miles on a Corbin Classic Solo riding from coast to coast and border to border and across western Canada into Alaska and up to the Arctic Circle with the Corbin with backrest. For long distance riding the Corbin is worth the price.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:32 PM
BULLY109R
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Cough up another $300 and get the Corbin. I put over 50k miles on a Corbin Classic Solo riding from coast to coast and border to border and across western Canada into Alaska and up to the Arctic Circle with the Corbin with backrest. For long distance riding the Corbin is worth the price.
oh trust me, I love my Corbin, but their customer service really annoyed me when I got mine. for the money I paid it really turned me off. I was hoping to find a non corbin solution.
I'm worried about the seating position as well. On my M109 it sits you back and down quite a bit further, which I love, but the girlfriend is already almost fully extending her arms with the stock seat. Nervous a Corbin will push her back too far.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:39 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 599 Likes on 361 Posts

They are both all day comfy. I road to Los Angeles and back with both bikes . The reasons I have the mustang with backrest on the CB is because the bike is lowered and the tall apes. All day comfort imo. The FB still has the stock suspension so the ride is MUCH softer than the CB and I don't need the back support. If I hit a big pothole though the Mustang is the seat to have.

Quick Reply: Advice on solo seat for 11 Fatboy Lo