Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grade "A" Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Grade "A" Dealership

My local dealer, Annapolis Harley Davidson has always been fair with me and I like their service dept. But on a recient trip out of state I had a problem and Durango Harley in Durango Colorado went out of their way to get me fixed and on the road again. Great bunch of folks there, can't say enough.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
THE GUY ON THE COUCH
3rd Gear

santa barbara harley - cali. Sales guy was kinda a dweeb, but it was his 1st week so I'll cut him some slack.
I've worked for m/c dealers for the past 15 years, so I made it easy for them. I walked in, pointed at a bike and asked for it to be in my trailer w/ in an hour and a half. Told them I didn't want any of their snake juice (gap, warranty, accesories). I just wanted the bike.
Gave me a fair trade-in on my sporty and had me out the door (w/ finance paperwork and all) within the time I requested. Gave me my free t-shirt without me having to ask. All the rest of the staff seemed to be savy on HD, the service deptartment was nice and clean (first place I scope out when I go to a shop).
All around a decent experience.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Davesurf
Cruiser

Quaid's HD in Temecula, CA
Was meeting some friends there for a road trip, when I got off the freeway my shifter was limp and laying forward. So stuck in 6th gear I work'd the clutch and rolled into there service dept. Service guy said right off the bat that its warranty, I was back on the road in 20minutes. Another rider in my group had the same issue on her Road King, Quaids service Dept. took care of us without question, bumped us ahead of all the other bikes they had lined up, back on the road without missin a beat.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:26 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Foster's HD Tuscumbia, AL.

5000 mile service with Syn3 - 145 dollars out the door. The price of the 10,000 mile service does cost more though. Just enough to cover the cost of the additional 2 spark plugs........

Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
propane_peddler
Tourer

ORIGINAL: IraqIs4Lovers

I bought my 2007 Super Glide in May when I came home from Iraq for a 2 week leave. So I didn't really get a lot of time to interact with my dealer, however, whenI told the owner that I was home for a 2 week leave from Iraq he looked at me and said "I'll give you $1,000 off MSRP on any bike you choose." He said it was his way to say thank you. I thought that was great and I bought my bike right then and there. My dealer is Precision Harley-Davidson in Pawtucket Rhode Islan
SSG Bailey
07 Super Glide
That was a very kind gesture, I wish everyone was so kind to you military guys and gals. Thanks for your service![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM
apilcher
Cruiser

Calumet Harley in Munster Indiana......

Old 07-06-2007, 05:27 PM
shoptroll
Banned

quote:

ORIGINAL: IraqIs4Lovers

I bought my 2007 Super Glide in May when I came home from Iraq for a 2 week leave. So I didn't really get a lot of time to interact with my dealer, however, whenI told the owner that I was home for a 2 week leave from Iraq he looked at me and said "I'll give you $1,000 off MSRP on any bike you choose." He said it was his way to say thank you. I thought that was great and I bought my bike right then and there. My dealer is Precision Harley-Davidson in Pawtucket Rhode Islan
SSG Bailey
07 Super Glide

One of the best stories I've heard on here yet. That's the way it should be!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: grunt

HD of North TX (and their sister dealership Eagle HD). Only real issue is you have to get one off the truck or order one, as they will put parts on it to get their profit up. MSRP otherwise, and a good tech shop.
+1

I always order one "fresh from the crate" from them and they've been very accommodating. Dannypractically begs me to test ride anything they've got in stock whenever I stop by. Both they and American Eagle are the only two Dallas/Ft.Worth dealers I'll do business with now.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:33 AM
IraqIs4Lovers
Cruiser

original: propane_peddler
That was a very kind gesture, I wish everyone was so kind to you military guys and gals. Thanks for your service![sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Thank you. Not every American appreciates the work we do but I've seen more support for the military in the riding community than anywhere else. We make a lot of sacrifices and it's nice to know that we are appreciated.

SSG Bailey
07 Super Glide