General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local Harley financing stuff ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018 | 12:54 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Seen plenty of guys buying at higher interest thru HDF. If you managed to do better, great.
Doesn't seem common though.
Im sure this is the most likely situation but with both bikes I’ve bought from a dealer, HDFS gave me a lower rate than my 2 banks and 2 credit unions would. I must have gotten lucky! (I do have excellent credit btw, maybe that’s the difference).

As for financing the options/maintenance, it would all depend on the interest, but I’m guessing it would be more than most credit cards and it’s probably not a good deal to follow.

Old 12-12-2018 | 01:52 PM
awilson40
|
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp

I would bet it's a pretty high interest rate. If it were 90 days or 12 months 'same as cash' you bet they would be advertising that in bold letters

Old 12-12-2018 | 08:57 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RHPAW
If you have to use Harley financing, you need to re-think your credit rating.
I did just that a couple of years ago for the wife's new bike. 0.9% interest. My credit rating is Tier 1, should I re-think my credit rating?

Old 12-12-2018 | 10:53 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

If you gotta finance "extras," then you can't afford 'em. Nothing wrong with that, just need to prioritize your priorities.

Old 12-13-2018 | 05:19 AM
champ198
Tourer

there are more and more companys doing this type of thing now days.
with the original price of the toys like Bikes it can get expensive. but I agree if you have to finance acc. it you shouldn't have it in the first place.
we have a large car dealer here in town where I work that will finance a set of tires for your vehicle. and they have been doing that for years.
with the price of everything going up cars bikes boats atvs and so on the original price to get them is bad enough but when you get to adding things to them it gets even higher.
one big reason I wont by anything new ever

Old 12-13-2018 | 07:57 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bestrafen
I did just that a couple of years ago for the wife's new bike. 0.9% interest. My credit rating is Tier 1, should I re-think my credit rating?
OK, we've got two members that didn't get screwed with the typical high interest rates generally offered through Harley financing. You are outstanding.
All you other poor bastards paying 15% and up, learn from these two.

Old 12-13-2018 | 08:04 AM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member

I don't see how it's any different than putting it on a credit card. It's HD's way of trying to get 'a piece of that pie' by competing with other credit options I suppose.

Old 12-13-2018 | 08:25 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Based only on what the OP presented, it's impossible to know the nuts and bolts behind this financing- Source of funds, interest rates, etc..... But like above poster mentioned, not terribly different than putting such purchases on a credit card- which by the way the dealer has to pay a fee to accept, and when they place credit they possibly get a few bucks like they do when they place loans to purchase the bikes......

Old 12-13-2018 | 08:46 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Based only on what the OP presented, it's impossible to know the nuts and bolts behind this financing- Source of funds, interest rates, etc..... But like above poster mentioned, not terribly different than putting such purchases on a credit card- which by the way the dealer has to pay a fee to accept, and when they place credit they possibly get a few bucks like they do when they place loans to purchase the bikes......
Credit cards is how I do it but it's a short term cash convenience loan until I pay it in full by the due date..and I get cash back. Always 0% apr when you do it that way.

The following users liked this post:
awilson40 (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018 | 09:59 AM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member

I think the bigger issue is that the moco is charging so much to do stuff now they have to offer financing..

The following users liked this post:
awilson40 (12-13-2018)

Quick Reply: Local Harley financing stuff ????