General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not intending to bust chops, but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Not intending to bust chops, but...

Been meaning to throw some bones to HDF, lord knows how much money some of the advice around here has saved me. Mainly buying the manual and doing all my own services and never letting a dealer touch my ride[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

I'm still trying to figure out who exactly this site "belongs" to. I asked once who made the rules for the site, and the only wise crack answer I got was "the people that put it together" or something like that.
I see usernames with "admin" and "moderator", but who are the actual founders? I've tried to find that info somewhere on the site, but it doesn't appear to be freely listed.
It's owned by a guy named Ralph,,,,that's all I know
lol, are you being serious?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
dionne51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done, well worth it for the help I've gotten from fellow forum participants. Sometimes we take things like this for granted and forget that someone has to do the work behind the scenes to maintain the site.

And yes, I am from Taxachusetts

Old 07-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Humm…. I would have thought that the company/ business that owns the server farm where the web site is hosted would have been the people that did the change, since the site is hosted on their servers. While the registrant lives in North Carolina and is listed as Jim Coleman, 1603 Lakeside drive. The site is a business and is financed through the sales of advertisement space by paid advertisers. Monitoring and daily maintenance may be covered by the designated on line administrators and moderators. But on site server maintenance and change over would be carried out by technicians at the server site and are not directly connected to HDForums. (GoDaddy software inc. is the registrar and is most likely the owner of the server farm hosting HDForum.com) All of this, of course, is just speculation on my part.
Contribute if you wish, but realize that the forum is a business and that it is already a money maker for the owner or it would not be here.

Arcane

Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr.claire

ORIGINAL: petemac

As soon as the check clears......

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

It is cheap and you get the nifty yellow "Contributor" banner on your sig panel to boot. Oh wait, I already have one.
OK, after you contribute when does the banner show up?
Apparently in about five minutes.........thanks
I got mine. Thanks Guys.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldgeezer

I think it's worthwhile to make a contribution but I don't have a paypal account.
NP, I just made a donation and half of it was from you!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 87lowrider

I'm still trying to figure out who exactly this site "belongs" to. I asked once who made the rules for the site, and the only wise crack answer I got was "the people that put it together" or something like that.
I see usernames with "admin" and "moderator", but who are the actual founders? I've tried to find that info somewhere on the site, but it doesn't appear to be freely listed.
It's owned by a guy named Ralph,,,,that's all I know
lol, are you being serious?
Yes I am,,,,,,,,,,,,& he's not the Ralph from Cheech & Chong

Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: Arcane

Humm…. I would have thought that the company/ business that owns the server farm where the web site is hosted would have been the people that did the change, since the site is hosted on their servers. While the registrant lives in North Carolina and is listed as Jim Coleman, 1603 Lakeside drive. The site is a business and is financed through the sales of advertisement space by paid advertisers. Monitoring and daily maintenance may be covered by the designated on line administrators and moderators. But on site server maintenance and change over would be carried out by technicians at the server site and are not directly connected to HDForums. (GoDaddy software inc. is the registrar and is most likely the owner of the server farm hosting HDForum.com) All of this, of course, is just speculation on my part.
Contribute if you wish, but realize that the forum is a business and that it is already a money maker for the owner or it would not be here.

Arcane
Sorry but your wrong,,,,,,,,this site started with a handful of members & no vendors.Plus the contributions go straight to upgrading this forum,just like yesterdays upgrade.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: wlbowers

ORIGINAL: petemac

As soon as the check clears......

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

It is cheap and you get the nifty yellow "Contributor" banner on your sig panel to boot. Oh wait, I already have one.
OK, after you contribute when does the banner show up?
Apparently in about five minutes.........thanks

I gave right after I joined and still don't have one.
Is this for real,,,,,,,,,,,shoot me a pm & I will take care of it if I can

Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OldBoldPilot I doubt that the people behind this forum are driving Hummers...
Philip
What's wrong with driving a Hummer?

Seriously, contributing to this forum for the amount of entertainment we get is invaluable. Well worth any monies given.

Since we changed servers, do we need to contribute again?

Quick Reply: Not intending to bust chops, but...