General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not intending to bust chops, but...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Not intending to bust chops, but...

I'm from Kalifornia & I trust no one [sm=confused06.gif]

ORIGINAL: petemac

Trust me.....I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help you.

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

ORIGINAL: petemac

And the admin has asked me to use my Paypal account to collect the donations until they can get theirs fixed. pm me for theaccount info. [8D]

Old 07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out who exactly this site "belongs" to. I asked once who made the rules for the site, and the only wise crack answer I got was "the people that put it together" or something like that.
I see usernames with "admin" and "moderator", but who are the actual founders? I've tried to find that info somewhere on the site, but it doesn't appear to be freely listed.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OldBoldPilot

There have been a few posts today on what a great job HDForums is doing with the servers, and about how much they missed the site when it was offline for a while yesterday.

Just so you know, everyone is free to toss a few bucks into the pot to help make this thing keep on keeping on. Whatever you can afford, like $5 or $10 or even $20. (I know not everyone can do this--no problem if you can't.)

In the box on the right of the page there's a link that says "Make a donation" that tells you how to do it. You'll even get a nifty "Contributor" tag, if you want one.

Cheapest entertainment you will find all year.

Just sayin'....
Thanks for a reminder
It's a good idea and long over due
it should be there by now

chappy

Old 07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
ThePaul
Intermediate

Only way I would contribute would be if contributers did not have to see advertisements. Based on the number of ads and traffic at this site, the owners are definitely turning a profit.

It isn't this site or these specific forums that make this place great, it is the people.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

I'm still trying to figure out who exactly this site "belongs" to. I asked once who made the rules for the site, and the only wise crack answer I got was "the people that put it together" or something like that.
I see usernames with "admin" and "moderator", but who are the actual founders? I've tried to find that info somewhere on the site, but it doesn't appear to be freely listed.
By using "WhoIs" you can get information dealing with most domain names, as shown below.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=hdforums.com

Old 07-03-2007, 03:20 PM
ThePaul
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

By using "WhoIs" you can get information dealing with most domain names, as shown below.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...n=hdforums.com
This site is registered using privacy protection. WHOIS results do not give you any info on the owner.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I do it because I love this site and I want to see it strive.I hope it is making the owner money because he deserves it and he doesn't demand it.Just like Vegas said,I belong to other forums (barely) and they wont even let You view the whole forum or even post a sig picture unless You pay so they don't get My money and I very seldom go to those sites.This place is home to Me and I'm glad to kick in a few bucks now and then.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: EK5858

Do the vendors get to advertise for free or do they pay for all the banners we see? If they pay where does that money go?
The vendors do pay to advertise here.

Old 07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: EK5858

Is this a registered not for profit forum?
This forum is privately owned

Old 07-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

It's owned by a guy named Ralph,,,,that's all I know

Quick Reply: Not intending to bust chops, but...