General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 02:04 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

i just came across a barn find. found out its a harbor freight lift table never been used. and 2 years old. the lady bought it for her husband and he passed before he could use it. i paid her 450.00 for the lift table and i hope its good enough for my fatboy and sportster. watched a video on it last night. the guy said it was a good table just the front chock was junk. we shall see. looks good to me. looks like someone tryed to put a bike on it. it was laying in the dirt under a closed shed or carport whatever.

Last edited by IBE; 05-11-2022 at 02:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Glenn Gorman (07-13-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 09:27 PM
Dirty Dude
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by IBE
i just came across a barn find. found out its a harbor freight lift table never been used. and 2 years old. the lady bought it for her husband and he passed before he could use it. i paid her 450.00 for the lift table and i hope its good enough for my fatboy and sportster. watched a video on it last night. the guy said it was a good table just the front chock was junk. we shall see. looks good to me. looks like someone tryed to put a bike on it. it was laying in the dirt under a closed shed or carport whatever.
Good find should hold both bikes no problem I will say this I was not impressed with the standard chock that comes on it for one it will not hold the bike at all while you try to strap it. Also it will not take much to bend the tire stop which as you can see extends past the table.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:23 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,188 Likes on 560 Posts

I bought the Harbor Freight lift a few months ago. I ride an 18' Fatboy. As others have said, the chock that comes with it is basically worthless, especially if it's only you.

I don't know why i waited so long to buy a full length lift. No more sitting on the floor or a box. My neighbor liked mine so much that he went and bought one two days later.

I bought a locking chock off of Amazon. One that was wide enough for my front tire. Now i just ride up and the front tire locks into place allowing me to get off without straps.

Check out YouTube for all of the different mods that people have come up with. I added a removable motorcycle ramp to the side. This allows easier to get on an off the bike. Also, when backing the bike out it can be difficult with a locking chock.

I pull back and hold the front brake, as i pull backwards again, I release the grab the front lever again. I do this until the front wheel is out of the tire swivel.