General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018 | 06:19 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Default Same thing here

Originally Posted by stro1965

I did the same thing.
here's same setup took my wheels of don't need to move around any much more stable. Good luck.

Old 11-24-2018 | 06:20 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Riders Club Member

WINNER, WINNER, WINNER!!!

YOU'VE JUST STARTED THE 1,000,000th MOTORCYCLE LIFT THREAD.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigMike:
Hurricane 68 (11-24-2018), tar_snake (11-25-2018)
Old 11-25-2018 | 12:17 AM
Warrant
Road Warrior

Whatever you buy, a table lift is better than a frame type lift. The front wheel chock is going to suck, but if you use straps like you should it is a minor detail.
Most of them are made in China, welcome to the world economy. Most are sturdy welded steel painted checker plate.
The hydraulic foot pump is the cheaper option, but works fine unless you need to do a lot of lifts on the regular, then the air over option is better.
Anyone with a mechanical aptitude should be able to see the difference between a POS and an acceptable unit.
IMO

Old 11-25-2018 | 08:57 AM
mo cajun
Road Captain

I have had HF lift for 10 years with no issue other the the wheel chock and I knew I was going to change it out

Old 11-25-2018 | 11:10 AM
soonerp
Cruiser

I believe handy is the lift of choice by most dealers. I like Titan. Every thing that’s opional on the handy is standard on the titan. Had me ne for 5 years with no issues. Titan is worth looking into.

Old 11-25-2018 | 03:33 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

If I had the money, and a level concrete floor instead of the 4x8 piece of plywood on dirt that is on a slight slope, I'd have me a PitBull lift in a heartbeat. I used to go there to get my tires changed before it changed owners, and they used their own lifts to work on everyones bikes. Most solid/stable lift I've ever seen. I'm 280 and I was able to climb up on the one with my FXD on it...while it was already up in the air, and I never had a single moment of worry about the bike tipping or anything, and it's never been strapped down to the lift either. It's not the safest thing to do, but it's one of their things about their lifts their proud of and should be. This is what I'm taking about https://pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/

Old 11-26-2018 | 05:29 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hitthecoast
Good to know, I've had mixed experiences with Pittsburgh (HF) products. I want to make sure this lift is strong, and not one that will crap out a month down the road. I've used their motorcycle "jacks" and they got the job done, but I bought a socket set and every socket wrench broke two months after I got it.
Here's all you need to know.

Not saying it happens to everybody but why take the chance just to save a few bucks. Funny how people will spend thousands of dollars to make their bikes go faster than they need to or just to make them look good at bike night but won't spend near that much to keep their bike from smashing to the floor. My Kendon lift never did this and neither has my J&S.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (11-27-2018)
Old 11-26-2018 | 06:42 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior

There are lots of good lifts.
You need to decide on a few things before you buy (IMHO).
#1. $$$$ how much do you want/have to spend?
#2. How much room do you have in your garage/shop for said lift?
#3. How long do you want it to last.
#4. What sizes of bikes do you plan on using it for?

I have a Kendon lift it works great and does not take up much room.
I picked it because it was well made, decently priced, did not take up much floor space when folded up.
It does have a few down & up sides, mainly table top size (makes it different than most lifts).
Works great if you are trying to get up close and personal while working on your bike.
**** when it comes to tools, parts, fluids, what ever you are looking to have at your finger tips.

My next shop I plan on building one in the floor... (and keeping the Kendon).

Last edited by GRWHD; 11-26-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2018 | 06:43 AM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member

Handy lift for 30+years no problems, its what the dealers and most ind's had in their shops.

Old 11-26-2018 | 07:43 AM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Here's all you need to know.

Not saying it happens to everybody but why take the chance just to save a few bucks. Funny how people will spend thousands of dollars to make their bikes go faster than they need to or just to make them look good at bike night but won't spend near that much to keep their bike from smashing to the floor. My Kendon lift never did this and neither has my J&S.

I don't know why you're bashing that lift, it's a feature it has for the BMW's to make sure you get all the oil out

The following users liked this post:
01dyna (11-27-2018)

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lifts?