General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you recommend Roadglide or streetglide?!! Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018 | 10:26 PM
bad tappets
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slodsm
I don't know why people think the non moving fairing of the road glide "messes with your head". Maybe because I spent my first 17 years of motorcycle riding on crotch rockets and none of them have a moveable fairing.
It’s not so much that the fairing is fixed, it’s that it’s different. I have a detachable windshield for my Fatboy, and the few times I put it on it messes with my head for the first 3 minutes.

If you want the best protection from the elements, without driving an Escalade; get the Roadglide. I don’t think anything beats Craig Vetter’s Windjammer designs for protection from the the elements. Personally I like the wind, so for me it would be a batwing between the two.

Old 11-17-2018 | 09:47 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bad tappets

If you want the best protection from the elements, without driving an Escalade; get the Roadglide. I don’t think anything beats Craig Vetter’s Windjammer designs for protection from the the elements. Personally I like the wind, so for me it would be a batwing between the two.
i think you got that backwards. the batwing being closer to you actually gives you more protection from the elements. esp. rain. the worst part about being in the rain on my rg is that i wear a 1/2 helmet. raindrops sting! have to pull over and get the bandana that i keep in the saddlebag for just this purpose out.

Old 11-17-2018 | 10:19 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

I've taken test rides on both bikes, so my "experience" is limited to about 15 minutes. I preferred the SG, probably because the RG dash was further out in front, and felt kind of car-like. The SG was more a "traditional" feeling motorcycle, if that makes sense But I'm sure I would learned to love either one if I had one of them. What kind of riding will you be doing? I'd be looking at other things besides appearance, things like storage space, suspension, protection of hands and lowers from wind, etc.

Old 11-17-2018 | 02:19 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

I read somewhere from one of the members here about the difference between both bikes, and it is spot on, take both for a ride and the one that you can't get the smile off your face or out of your head, it the one. You can debate it forever, and until you take both out, it's all speculation. ...

Old 08-24-2019 | 08:21 AM
mrgoggles
Advanced

I know it cost a lot, but I have put some miles on my inverted Kraus/Ohlins front end and rear Ohlins. The bike is extremely comfortable and handles like a Ferrari!!!

Old 08-24-2019 | 11:40 AM
RKC1965
Tourer

Went down to dealer fully intending to buy a Streetglide......was always the bike I imagined owning. Ended up liking the way the Roadglide handled in a bad crosswind that day and ended up buying one. I am still not totally sold on the looks of the front end but am more than happy with the ride. Still think the Streeter is a good looker though.

Old 08-24-2019 | 10:21 PM
Zonktified
Tourer

Road Glide. More spacious cockpit, and the location of the display helps keep your eyes on the road rather than down near the triple clamp of the bike. Handlebar controls eliminate the need to even touch the screen unless you want to turn it off/ on. Plus everyone and their sistercousin has one. 🤪

Old 08-25-2019 | 07:29 PM
Northforty
Intermediate

I rode a Low Rider for 11 years. When it was time to get a bagger I had to make the choice. I test rode both several times with the wife in tow. We both agreed the Road Glide had a better ride. After the test rides I was still in a quandary. Really could not decide. I ended up on the Street Glide. I came to the conclusion it was the safer choice. I talked to a number of the sales people and they were all batwing owners. I am sure if I had bought the Road Glide I would be just as happy with that choice but I am a Proud Batwing owner!

Old 08-25-2019 | 08:06 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by mrgoggles
I know it cost a lot, but I have put some miles on my inverted Kraus/Ohlins front end and rear Ohlins. The bike is extremely comfortable and handles like a Ferrari!!!
You must be an idiot, reopening a thread that has nothing to do with you. Dipstick....

Old 08-26-2019 | 03:08 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
You must be an idiot, reopening a thread that has nothing to do with you. Dipstick....

While he might very well be mentally challenged, this has been happening an awful lot lately.

Makes me wonder if there is something in the forum software making old thread visible again.

Quick Reply: what do you recommend Roadglide or streetglide?!! Need Help!!