Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 AM
theoldguy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a weekend!

Yes, folks, it was a good one. Got up Sat, looked at the clouds and thought... well... it can only get SO bad. So about noonish or so I go and jump on the scoot for a short ride. Couple hours later the clouds break and the sun starts shining! So I head to the twisties and can ya believe it, on a weekend afternoon, NO cars in front of me to slow me down going down 33 across the hills! All in all a really great ride, even considering the hawk (or whatever huge bird it was) that swooped me. So anyway, I roll on home a couple hundred miles later and find I got dinner waitin on me AND like magic, the kegerator is full again . (it ran out earlier in the week). And Sunday, met up with Dr_J, we rode up to Gettysburg, goofed off some, bought some toys for the 4th, pretty much had a real good ride with someone I'd just met. So now I'm back at work, REALLY hating Mondays, and waiting for next Sunday to roll around so I can ride all day again. So... how was y'alls weekend?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What a weekend!

oldguy,,,, come on up to Hunter Mtn, Catskills NY for the HOG rally this weekend,, id love to ride with ya

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear ya. Had a great Sunday here in Colorado. Went from Estes Park, through Rosevelt National Forest. to Grand Lake Winter Park, then Blackhawk. Hate Mondays!!

Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
theoldguy
Tourer

Thinkin that may be a bit far for a day trip... lol. But next time you plan a ride south, I'll go north, we can meet for coffee and a donut[8D]. Or beer... MMMmmm... beeeeeerrrr.... LOL.. Actually, thats for after the ride

Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Yes it was a great weekend to ride.......

Left friday for te PA Grand Canyon for our annual "Gig". rode up with five friends and met the rest at the campgrounds. Partied all friday night, got up saturday did some breakfast and went exploring the area.

Ended up in Troy PA where we ran into a "Pride Ride" headed the other way on US-6, just about 2400 bikes on there way to Watkins Glen NY, where they did a lap around the NASCAR Track, and then over to the Corning Airport for speed runs down the tarmac. Finished the day of riding at a great resteraunt, then a ride back to the campgrounds and another night round the fire with really great friends swapping stories of family friends and motorcycles.

Got up sunday packed up and headed out, gave one last wave as each friend or group of friends made thier turn from our route, got home and started nursing the sunburn on the arms and nose.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great weekend.. We tryed to make it sunday but talked to Dr.J a littleto late to Catch up.. We hit the SouthWestern route out towards Skyline aera Outstanding weather, Light traffic. What a weekend for sure... Skip