General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well guess I'm not going with a touring bike...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 AM
DWhite
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well guess I'm not going with a touring bike...

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

stop teasing the lustful gluttonistic bagger lovers..

their rides actually suck donkey *****..

so what if the cvo version seems like it kicks all ***..they actually dont

they call softails sloptails because they dont know jack **** besides touch controling their radios
they just parrots...most of em anyhoo

you will offically be much happier in the long ride and short ride on your deluxe...serious

Hehehe...keep telling yourself that Vertigo.

Baggers for Life!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

It's been decided...

Hubby has been having troubles with getting a good percription in his glasses....he's also tired of carrying 20 pairs around and wants some decent sunglasses for the bike. We decided to get him lasik (if he is eligible, he has a very bad stigmatism) ....I had it 7 years ago and love my eyes....

Sooooo....there goes my down payment soI guess I'll wait. He's worth it

Guess I'll go get my custom plate
seems like this was the right choice.hope the surgery goes well.you both have bikes so there is time to wait.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:53 PM
brnew
Tourer

HI; I too have a Deluxe and am considering a Street Glide as I can find all types of reasons (besides the fact that the Glide looks Great) to have a bagger. I was wondering since you have been at it longer than I, have you heard of Sumax and the kit that they offer? If so how much and would you do this if had heard about before all the other upgrades?

Old 07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Deluxe is anice bike. I'd just keep it.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: brnew

HI; I too have a Deluxe and am considering a Street Glide as I can find all types of reasons (besides the fact that the Glide looks Great) to have a bagger. I was wondering since you have been at it longer than I, have you heard of Sumax and the kit that they offer? If so how much and would you do this if had heard about before all the other upgrades?
Nuce bags...but yes I would have done the same upgrades. I spent a long time deciding on what to put on the bike.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
07fxdb
Tourer

go for what you want - none of us is getting any younger. Ride what you want to ride, not a compromise. Spreading cost over a few months, eating spaghetti - there's lots of ways to make it happen. I prefer my Street Bob - It's what I want for now. In four or five years, I expect I would like a Electraglide, or Fat boy.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Trailfndr
I personally prefer the ultra..The Deluxe is a sweet ride for twistys and short rides, Anything over 200 miles ibecomes painful and very uncomfortable.
I rode 400 miles on my Deluxe on Saturday and it was way comfortable. I don't know how it could be any more comfortable.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Thorns
Cruiser

Space helmets with microphones, pulling a trailer on a Goldwing...at least wait until you are a Q-tip!!

Thorns

Old 07-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: atomic

ORIGINAL: Trailfndr
I personally prefer the ultra..The Deluxe is a sweet ride for twistys and short rides, Anything over 200 miles ibecomes painful and very uncomfortable.
I rode 400 miles on my Deluxe on Saturday and it was way comfortable. I don't know how it could be any more comfortable.
I've done 350 straight through with no problemsexcept the heat that is coming through my seat and burning my leg. It could be just that I shaved my seat and added gel. The pipe is not causing it .... I put a custome heat sheild on that side and I get no heat in that area.

Think I'll just wait a bit...just need to do some modifications. I think fixing the seat is the most important.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
brnew
Tourer

Thanks for all the input. I guess I could go with this look and have basically a nice Bagger,and save some $$$$$ in the process. I guess my initial reaction is with the fiberglas kit (attached), how would it respond @ highway speeds and such. Anyway here's a look @ my Deluxe. I have some better shots but I am a novice and keep getting the file is too large. Maybe you help me with this also. Agan thanks gang!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14158/A80FD1C18F964A4491CD24B278ACB77A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14158/CB9E93A4FF8445B39A17743C5F21EEC7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14158/CDA857068CBE45F2832163F7E4F42DCD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14158/C4EB2D4904894BA29CB4C81F9E55AB82.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Well guess I'm not going with a touring bike...