Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Chambeaux
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 92 Posts
Default J&P Cycles

Just wanted to share my recent experience with J&P Cycles.

Last month I bought another bike and I am in the process of customizing it to fit me. One of my purchases was new ape hangers. I researched many brands and decided on one and ordered through J&P since with my Gold membership made it cheaper. They were quickly shipped and delivered but when I did a quick install (no wiring) just to see how'd they look before I did the real install they did not fit my clamp and stock risers. The center spacing was just off. Before I ordered I was very careful to check the fitment so I logged on to their site and opened a chat session. The rep was dismissive, couldn't answer my questions and overall unhelpful. Then I wrote to their customer service email and received a reply from the same yahoo that failed to help during the chat!

Frustrated I went to their Facebook page to leave a negative review but instead sent a Facebook message simply saying I experienced poor service. They replied, asked for the details and were very helpful. They admitted the mistake was on the their end and made it right. Instead of writing them off, I am now a huge fan of J&P Cycles. They came through and made things right.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:15 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,205 Likes on 2,885 Posts

I've been ordering things from J&P for many years and never had a problem. Never had to send anything back and even though I've never paid the extra money for expedited shipping I've always received my parts in the expedited time. J&P works for me. .

Old 09-28-2018, 08:29 PM
sire86
Tourer
Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Agreed, i been buying from JP for years , never had a problem even when returning items . No issues.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I have ordered a few times from them in the past and only one order went as not planned. I ordered a set, as in 2, Sena 20's from them based on an e-flyer I received with a great price if you bought the pair. I ordered them and they did ship them out timely.

When I received them there was only one. I contacted them via customer service email and included the flyer in the email. They told me I was clearly not smart as no one would sell 2 Sena's that cheap. I am not joking, they insulted me. I asked to return them at the store in Sturgis and was told no that I had to send them back to the warehouse after they issued an RMA. Issuing one took nearly a week and I finally shipped them back. 3 weeks after they received them back they still had not credited my credit card. I contacted them again and was told they would get around to it when the got around to it. Long story short I had to dispute the charge with my Visa and finally received my credit after the requisite investigation nearly 8 weeks after they received my return.

I rated them online a negative and they sent me an email asking to remove the negative review or they would blacklist me from online purchases from them. I refused and have never ordered from them again. They have stellar customer service for sure.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:34 PM
Ben221
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 156 Posts

Just bought a slip on from them at a good price and arrived in a couple days. So far very good.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:44 PM
JakeC7R
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Huskers
I have ordered a few times from them in the past and only one order went as not planned. I ordered a set, as in 2, Sena 20's from them based on an e-flyer I received with a great price if you bought the pair. I ordered them and they did ship them out timely.

When I received them there was only one. I contacted them via customer service email and included the flyer in the email. They told me I was clearly not smart as no one would sell 2 Sena's that cheap. I am not joking, they insulted me. I asked to return them at the store in Sturgis and was told no that I had to send them back to the warehouse after they issued an RMA. Issuing one took nearly a week and I finally shipped them back. 3 weeks after they received them back they still had not credited my credit card. I contacted them again and was told they would get around to it when the got around to it. Long story short I had to dispute the charge with my Visa and finally received my credit after the requisite investigation nearly 8 weeks after they received my return.

I rated them online a negative and they sent me an email asking to remove the negative review or they would blacklist me from online purchases from them. I refused and have never ordered from them again. They have stellar customer service for sure.
I had a similar experience with Surdyke. Terrible and no resolution despite reasonable efforts. So I guess it's a one off but I will never give them another cent. Great ratings but you know what they say about one unhappy customer...

Old 09-28-2018, 09:48 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,289 Likes on 848 Posts

have dealt w/ their customer service in the past....wasn't impressed. Dennis Kirk is far better in that regard.

But, they have decent prices, a fair return policy, I use them if the price fits.

Recently received a box from them that looked like it had been torn open from a prior buyer and return. That was a bit frustrating. wtf

Old 09-28-2018, 09:54 PM
Huskers
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeC7R
I had a similar experience with Surdyke. Terrible and no resolution despite reasonable efforts. So I guess it's a one off but I will never give them another cent. Great ratings but you know what they say about one unhappy customer...
Yep and I am that unhappy customer.

Old 09-29-2018, 06:45 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,450 Likes on 2,694 Posts

I haven't been able to get on their website for a week. I thought J&P went down the tubes along with all the other businesses that were bought up and put under one large company.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:06 AM
Chambeaux
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 92 Posts

Their chat and email support connected me with the same incompetent yahoo but when I Facebook messaged them they acknowledged they made a mistake and corrected the situation beyond my expectations. Hopefully, they did something with the yahoo on chat support.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles