General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wife who won't ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 08:27 AM
PPearl
Tourer
Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by r-bar-j
For my birthday in 2016 I bought a new Limited. My wife HATES me riding, will not even get on to see how it feels, HATES the bike, and just barely walkes past it in the garage.
I think I married her sister.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:48 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
I keep going back to look at the new lineup. The more I look the more some of the color options grow on me. I have really taken a shine to the Road Glide Ultra in Twisted Cherry.

I am not a big fan of fairings, stereos or navigation options. This is why the Road King is my favorite bike. However, as I have stated before I ride solo 100% of the time.

If there was a way to get my wife involved in riding I would be at the dealership right now cutting a deal on a Twisted Cherry, RG Ultra. I know it would be a comfortable choice for her. She refuses to even go for a ride around the block at this point.

All of you who have a wife who will ride with you, count your blessings. I don't push her or nag her to go she simply isn't interested. Mainly because she is so devoted to our kids who are grown and our grandkids both of which are younger than eight. Maybe she will come around but hasn't moved on the idea in years.
Do you have a friend with a Ultra classic or Ultra Road Glide who can trade bikes for a weekend , so she can sit on it, and may go around the block, or for a coffee, maybe she would give a green lite, or still not interested at least you tried.

On a side note once you try a loaded HD touring bike with Radio, GPS, Espresso maker, Microwave oven etc, its hard to go back to a Road King

Old 08-29-2018, 08:52 AM
soldierbot
Supporter
Received 103,414 Likes on 26,026 Posts

who cares if the wife wants to ride when you are with your "side-girl"

Old 08-29-2018, 09:03 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by PPearl
I think I married her sister.
And I, her other sister. She hates my bike and goes batshit just at the mention of it. The only upside is to put it in her words, “I don’t even know what that Fu&*ing thing looks like” so she doesn’t notice if I add any accessories.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,747 Likes on 3,107 Posts

So, OP, you say your wife "is just not interested in riding" and then you post about your vacation and she perks up about the scooters? You didn't take the ball and run with it? You fumbled.
As I stated in my earlier post (#27), have her take an effing class on a scooter. Jesus, between you and "mrbeads" what the hell has this world come to?

Edit~ Reread post #58. This is what typically happens.

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 08-29-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 18,236 Likes on 10,082 Posts

Mine is just plain lazy, getting her on the back of a H-D is the least of my gripes...

Last edited by Super Glidester; 08-29-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:02 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
So, OP, you say your wife "is just not interested in riding" and then you post about your vacation and she perks up about the scooters? You didn't take the ball and run with it? You fumbled.
As I stated in my earlier post (#27), have her take an effing class on a scooter. Jesus, between you and "mrbeads" what the hell has this world come to?

Edit~ Reread post #58. This is what typically happens.
What don't you understand about the fact that my wife wants nothing to do with motorcycles? If she won't consider even riding one, why the hell would she take a riding class?

I guess the world has turned into a place where a few guys such as yourself must always interject some negative BS.

Originally Posted by ultra_classic
Do you have a friend with a Ultra classic or Ultra Road Glide who can trade bikes for a weekend , so she can sit on it, and may go around the block, or for a coffee, maybe she would give a green lite, or still not interested at least you tried.

On a side note once you try a loaded HD touring bike with Radio, GPS, Espresso maker, Microwave oven etc, its hard to go back to a Road King
Nah, I've tried. I even went by the dealership this afternoon to check out the 2019's. Sent her a text "Would you ride this one?" Her response. "Buy it if you want to but I ain't riding it"
Beautiful bike though. The pic doesn't do it justice.

Attached Thumbnails The wife who won't ride-photo267.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-09-2018 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-30-2018, 11:20 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 18,236 Likes on 10,082 Posts

I used to leave mine at home hours on end when out on my Sportster, tried the "two up Sportster thing" didnt work, bought a Dyna, it works, but she isnt into it. dunno if I should get the Big Bike" cause I dont do any "Interstate touring" seems like overkill if she wont get on the back.

Old 08-30-2018, 01:11 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

I like the fact that my wife doesn't ride with me. She might hop on for a short 15 minute ride to run an errand or out for a bite to eat. I didn't buy it for us, I bought it for me.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:31 AM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 325 Likes on 217 Posts

maybe she likes the alone time, mine has back problems and I enjoy the alone time

Quick Reply: The wife who won't ride