General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018 | 06:55 PM
Zerk
Banned

One of my bikes has mustang touring seat, 1 piece. Raises me. Other bike has Corbin touring , which lowers me, and just seems to fit better. I think it has held up better too. I think the mustang touring seat is starting to sag. On the bike with the mustang seat, started out with two piece mustang, which wore fast IMO. That one lowered me. The passenger seat on the two piece was awul, just like the stock seat on my FLHR. For guys that are in the closet and hate women. Looking back I feel guilty for having gf ride on it. Tougher than most of us.

Old 08-24-2018 | 09:50 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Corbin makes good seats but I have issues with their customer support and their design on the seat I have. I called them a few years ago to discuss a design flaw in one of their seats and they ignored the problem....flat out denied it actually. I have one of their seats on my sport bike. The problem is that the seat does not lock in the way it’s supposed to. There’s supposed to be two plastic ***** on the bottom of the seat (as does the stock seat) that fit into two grommets to hold the seat into place. Without them the seat pops loose anytime I push back on the seat. So when I’m backing the bike out of a parking space, or push back on the seat with my butt as I’m riding, the seat unlocks. For this reason I will never buy another Corbin seat.

Last edited by JekyllnHyde; 08-24-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2018 | 10:18 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Regarding Corbin customer service, my personal experience really couldn't have gone any better. I called them up, told them what I was thinking about. Talked it over with the guy, he sent out an envelope full of leather swatches, I picked one and placed the order. A few weeks later a huge box shows up. Seat and backrest fit perfectly.

I don't doubt that others have had contradictory experiences. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, depending on which rep you get on the phone.

However many thousands of miles later, I've never regretted the purchase. Even looks good in the rain.

Old 08-24-2018 | 05:18 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 0maha
Regarding Corbin customer service, my personal experience really couldn't have gone any better. I called them up, told them what I was thinking about. Talked it over with the guy, he sent out an envelope full of leather swatches, I picked one and placed the order. A few weeks later a huge box shows up. Seat and backrest fit perfectly.

I don't doubt that others have had contradictory experiences. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, depending on which rep you get on the phone.

However many thousands of miles later, I've never regretted the purchase. Even looks good in the rain.

How do ya like that recurve squaretop? I have one too. Great sheild.

Old 08-24-2018 | 07:19 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by F150HD
How do ya like that recurve squaretop? I have one too. Great sheild.
It's nice. Mostly I got it because the previous owner had put a super-tall shield on, and I like looking over, not through.

Old 08-24-2018 | 07:37 PM
Cholo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Wilbo_1999
Been looking at new seats because the one on my 2018 slim is a torture device for longer rides, I like the Corbin wall seat, is it worth the price or are there better cheaper alternatives?
Got a dual touring seat on my Fat Bob - makes all the difference in the world. Best $700 or whatever it was I've spent on my bike.

Old 08-24-2018 | 10:07 PM
Zerk
Banned

I actually prefer looking through. Damp nights it can be tough, if really tall. I clean windshield every time before I leave though. Sometimes will even carry pledge with me.

Old 08-27-2018 | 12:04 PM
jjkrueg
Tourer

Well got my seat this weekend. Rained out Sunday so I only got about 200 on it but so far it's all good. Nice and firm as others have noted but no butt burn at all. Of course when I opened box there was small rip in vinyl at base of seat. I called Corbin, they had me send pic. Noted my account and told me to send it in this winter and they will recover it so I can't be more satisfied with service after the sale.

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Seats-photo213.jpg   Corbin Seats-photo201.jpg   Corbin Seats-photo569.jpg  
Old 08-27-2018 | 04:24 PM
sportglide
Cruiser
Default customer service is horrible.

Originally Posted by Wilbo_1999
Been looking at new seats because the one on my 2018 slim is a torture device for longer rides, I like the Corbin wall seat, is it worth the price or are there better cheaper alternatives?
I have bought several seats from corbin and some saddle bags - I liked all my seats but they were NOT soft. Corbins Customer Service is soooo bad I would never buy another one. They know how to make a sale, but the minute they get your change - good luck dealing with any problems. Check out Baldwin seats. They just redid my sport glide and it is a sweet seat.

Old 08-27-2018 | 08:35 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

Myself and the wife love the corbin, And that never happens where we both like a seat. It truly is a long haul all day seat.