General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018 | 10:10 PM
Zerk
Banned

I like my corbin. But irked the lock failed and I have tywraps under y side panel so I can pull on the cable to get the damn thing off. Not a fan of lock. I want to replace the musang touring on my other bike, that I hated when I got it, got used to it cause I am cheap, but still want to get rid of it. Not sure what to do. Lot of money to have to use tywraps

Old 08-22-2018 | 07:07 PM
Blackjack1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Wilbo_1999
I read some of the reviews of corbin customer service and it seems lacking. My bike seems to have limited options and have only seen corbin and HD sets that fit my bike if someone can prove me wrong please do $550 for a seat without shipping is no joke im a teacher lol.
I just came back from a 2500 mile ride with no butt-ache thanks to a Corbin classic solo. I only had 3 weeks for them to build, test and get it to me in time. It was a heated seat and they didn't have any in stock so it was a custom build. They went out of their way to make it happen for me. Great customer service was my experience.
Originally Posted by slimpickings
Corbin seats are very expensive and their customer support is really bad, but boy are they comfortable!
This wasn't my experience at all. Great customer service, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-05-2018 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Multiple posts
Old 08-22-2018 | 10:36 PM
Fey
Novice

2016 Slim. Mustang wide tripper fixed me up. That standard seat would see my back/*** aching after 30 minutes.....Now good for 1.5 to 2hrs before i need to step off for a stretch. Delivered to Australia in record time AND FANTASTIC customer service.

Old 08-23-2018 | 07:27 AM
Zerk
Banned

I bought mine in 08. No complaints. But at the time they had awful customer service rep. Maybe they were so good they didn't care. Still that way, can't say. Might find out when I ask them about failed locking system.

Old 08-23-2018 | 07:28 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Mattbastard
Worth the price, but I'd recommend Mustang over Corbin. Corbin seats are contoured for your bum but not very soft.
This is my experience also.

Originally Posted by rauchman
The backrest is my favorite design of any that I've tried. The Corbin has a better backrest and I love that it's leather, but the Mustang is more doable in rider position and comfort for me.
I agree with this also. I've had a Mustang with rider backrest for 13-14 years now and have been happy all these years. The Corbin I bought for a Street Glide I once owned looked cool as hell with brown distressed leather, but was like sitting on a brick.
As far as customer service, I bought that Corbin off the shelf at the Ormond Beach, FL location while on vacation and those guys were great to deal with. The seat I bought was about half the price of a very, very similar seat that the local HD store had.
But when I went there to check out a seat a couple of years later, it was going to be crazy money as well as having to wait for it to be made in California and shipped to me who knows how long later.
If I could have a Mustang seat with that big, hollowed out Corbin back rest that would be the best of both worlds for me.

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-23-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-23-2018 | 10:53 AM
QNman
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Corbin makes a good seat, Mustang makes a GREAT seat. I've had both and IMO the Mustang Vintage touring seat is better. I put one on my 07 Street Bob and turned it from a 2 hour bike to an all day bike.
I've had both too, and while they are both good choices, my Corbin Dual Tour is the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever owned. And I've owned quite a few!

Old 08-23-2018 | 01:24 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QNman
I've had both too, and while they are both good choices, my Corbin Dual Tour is the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever owned. And I've owned quite a few!
I had a Corbin solo that I like very much but it was very hard, and the foam seemed dense. My buns would start to hurt after a couple hours. Now if we're talking style, its hard to beat a Corbin there.

Old 08-23-2018 | 01:31 PM
QNman
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
I had a Corbin solo that I like very much but it was very hard, and the foam seemed dense. My buns would start to hurt after a couple hours. Now if we're talking style, its hard to beat a Corbin there.
For me, the firmness is part of what makes it so perfect. It is very form-fitting, and very supportive. I've done many 500+ mile days with no soreness. YMMV.

Old 08-23-2018 | 03:05 PM
Rally Monkey
Intermediate

I have the classic solo, oval backrest, and passenger pillion. I also got the heat option since I live in Minnesota. It was kind of expensive but very comfortable. I would buy the exact same thing if I had to do it over.

Old 08-23-2018 | 03:17 PM
drcollie
Tourer

I buy Corbin's for my Harleys and Sargent's for my BMW's. And I've tried them all over the past 50 years.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats