General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018 | 07:11 AM
penmaker
Road Master

I have no experience with Corbin except for talking to them and getting samples of leather. Corbin was very helpful on sending samples they I wanted and what they thought would look good on my bike. I just couldn't afford to spend that much on a seat. I did have a Mustang and it was worse than the stock seat on my '14 Limited. I put over 3000 miles on the Mustang and finally bought a Harley Hammock seat.

Old 08-21-2018 | 07:30 AM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by F150HD
May want to read some on their customer service.....its unfortunate and a gamble.

https://advrider.com/index.php?threa...ce-sux.661072/

This kept me from buying another Corbin. When i lived a few hours away from Corbin I could ride in and have a seat made so I never had to worry about it. Living more than 3K miles away I don't trust their customer service enough to take the risk. I went with a Mustang this time around.

Great seats though and as others mentioned I too could ride all day with no discomfort.

Old 08-21-2018 | 08:35 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

I have a Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest and pillion, Mustang Wide touring solo w/ backrest and pillion, HD Tallboy and stock.

As with the other seats I have, I bought the Corbin used. It is a very high quality seat in parts/manufacture. The seat is hard and heavy/dense. Bike vibes and road imperfections are transmitted to the rider more than cushier seats. It's the only seat I know of that locks (as in you need the key to release the seat from the bike) the seat and backrest to the bike. The backrest is my favorite design of any that I've tried. Specific to this seat, maybe it's because it wasn't designed for me, after about 2 hours of riding I get a hot spot on the underside of my thigh where it lays across the edge of the seat (where the top meets the side). Also, the repositioning of the rider position from stock is on the more extreme side. On my example, it pushed me back about 2" and down at least 1.5", maybe more. Because of this, the bike balances differently when actually riding it. Feels like more weight toward the rear of the bike. Nothing major, but it's noticeable.

Every riding season, I toy with having Corbin make me a seat to my specs. I hem and haw on this since it is a considerable investment for a seat and A.) I'm always toying with getting a different bike and B.) if I don't like it, I'm out some $.

I don't ride the Corbin anymore because of the "hot thigh" issue. I've moved to the Mustang Wide Touring. The Corbin has a better backrest and I love that it's leather, but the Mustang is more doable in rider position and comfort for me. The Mustang is far from perfect (would love it to be raised 1" and back 1" and their backrest is not as good as the Corbin), but it's the best compromise I've found to date.

Specific to the seat you're asking about, do you know how you want the dimensions of the stock seat changed for your preferred seating position? This is key to having the seat work for you.

Last edited by rauchman; 08-21-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-21-2018 | 08:48 AM
slimpickings
Advanced

Corbin seats are very expensive and their customer support is really bad, but boy are they comfortable! Had a classic solo on my Slim and that made a world of difference compared to the stock seat.
Corbins are fairly hard, though, so they might not be for everyone.
I wish my bum liked Mustangs, as they are much cheaper and more readily available, but i tried a Day Tripper on the Slim and i was squirming after 20 mins, while with a Corbin on my Dyna I did all day rides (8, 10 hours) only stopping for petrol

Old 08-21-2018 | 08:52 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by rauchman
I have a Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest and pillion, Mustang Wide touring solo w/ backrest and pillion, HD Tallboy and stock.

As with the other seats I have, I bought the Corbin used. It is a very high quality seat in parts/manufacture. The seat is hard and heavy/dense. Bike vibes and road imperfections are transmitted to the rider more than cushier seats. It's the only seat I know of that locks (as in you need the key to release the seat from the bike) the seat and backrest to the bike. The backrest is my favorite design of any that I've tried. Specific to this seat, maybe it's because it wasn't designed for me, after about 2 hours of riding I get a hot spot on the underside of my thigh where it lays across the edge of the seat (where the top meets the side). Also, the repositioning of the rider position from stock is on the more extreme side. On my example, it pushed me back about 2" and down at least 1.5", maybe more. Because of this, the bike balances differently when actually riding it. Feels like more weight toward the rear of the bike. Nothing major, but it's noticeable.

Every riding season, I toy with having Corbin make me a seat to my specs. I hem and haw on this since it is a considerable investment for a seat and A.) I'm always toying with getting a different bike and B.) if I don't like it, I'm out some $.

I don't ride the Corbin anymore because of the "hot thigh" issue. I've moved to the Mustang Wide Touring. The Corbin has a better backrest and I love that it's leather, but the Mustang is more doable in rider position and comfort for me. The Mustang is far from perfect (would love it to be raised 1" and back 1" and their backrest is not as good as the Corbin), but it's the best compromise I've found to date.

Specific to the seat you're asking about, do you know how you want the dimensions of the stock seat changed for your preferred seating position? This is key to having the seat work for you.

hot thigh...feels like a curling iron pressing on the back of your thigh? I've felt that too. Super painful.

Old 08-21-2018 | 09:30 AM
mitchxout
Cruiser

Let me save you some trouble and money. Your Slim only has about 2" of rear wheel travel, there's no seat gonna fix that. Although a sprung seat could help, the Slim is the lowest bike in the lineup and it is what it is.

Old 08-21-2018 | 11:59 AM
SupremeHD
Advanced

I ordered my Corbin seat thru BMCMC and customer service is great. Its a bit expensive but the customization they offer with leathers and stitching is great.

Old 08-21-2018 | 01:36 PM
Wowser
Road Warrior

If possible, try before you buy. Ill never buy another Corbin, and got rid of the one I had after 15k miles.

Much better seats out there.

Last edited by Wowser; 08-21-2018 at 01:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wilbo_1999 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018 | 04:53 PM
CR3999
Road Captain

Love my Corbin, built to what I wanted. Taking off in two weeks to beak it in some more. I swear it gets better with every ride. The seat is firm though as most have said.

The following users liked this post:
Wilbo_1999 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018 | 09:24 PM
Wilbo_1999
|
Intermediate

Looks like I will demo a HD Brawler solo seat and I also found a Saddlemen knuckle solo seat that fits my bike both of which are less then half the price of a corbin and I can return the Saddleman at Revzilla with no restock fee.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats