General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Imitation harley sold in HD dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Imitation harley sold in HD dealerships

ORIGINAL: zombie

ORIGINAL: orangecrush

ORIGINAL: vegashd
They even have a copy of the sportster

Kidding guys, Seriously

ROFLMAO..... That's funny, I don't care who you are....
I busted a gut on that one too
glad I could be of service..[sm=bling.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 AM
mark1957222
Tourer

LMAO...from the Vento website. A 250cc Chineseversion of the Fatboy Guess HD jumped the gun on selling scoots in China...now they're bootlegging em.

Thing is they aren't Chinese, they are made in Texas.

Since 1996, Vento has been dedicated to supplying people around the world with high value motorcycles. Vento’s reputation has grown in such short time due to its distinctive design characteristics and quality. In 1998, Vento opened an assembly plant in Laredo, Texas to elevate the quality of its products in order to compete in the marketplace with manufacturers here and abroad. The corporate office is located in San Diego, California, and in 2003, Vento was the fastest-growing motorcycle company in America. BKM Scooters are also a member of Vento family, manufactured in the United States. All models have been approved by the NHTSA (DOT), as well as EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB), meeting the nation's strictest emission regulations. Your new Vento comes with a 1 year / 5000 mile powertrain limited warranty. Waters Sales & Service is Vento's exclusive dealer in Vermont!

[IMG]local://upfiles/28897/FDA688447EA843CA900C4C52ABE6C8B9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: mark1957222

LMAO...from the Vento website. A 250cc Chineseversion of the Fatboy Guess HD jumped the gun on selling scoots in China...now they're bootlegging em.

Since 1996, Vento has been dedicated to supplying people around the world with high value motorcycles. Vento’s reputation has grown in such short time due to its distinctive design characteristics and quality. In 1998, Vento opened an assembly plant in Laredo, Texas to elevate the quality of its products in order to compete in the marketplace with manufacturers here and abroad. The corporate office is located in San Diego, California, and in 2003, Vento was the fastest-growing motorcycle company in America. BKM Scooters are also a member of Vento family, manufactured in the United States. All models have been approved by the NHTSA (DOT), as well as EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB), meeting the nation's strictest emission regulations. Your new Vento comes with a 1 year / 5000 mile powertrain limited warranty. Waters Sales & Service is Vento's exclusive dealer in Vermont!

[IMG]local://upfiles/28897/FDA688447EA843CA900C4C52ABE6C8B9.jpg[/IMG]
I am willing to bet that they are assembled here just like every other motorcycle in amercia. they are ALL assembled here..... They are trying to create a sales pitch of made in amercia.. wel they are assembled here and everything is imported........

Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: vegashd

[quote]ORIGINAL: mark1957222

I am willing to bet that they are assembled here just like every other motorcycle in amercia. they are ALL assembled here..... They are trying to create a sales pitch of made in amercia.. wel they are assembled here and everything is imported........
It worked in the car business!

Mark

Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm partial to dealers who handle several brands--preferably all brands.My favoriteboat dealer handles every major brand of outboard in one badge or another. They saved me a bundle of money and trouble by steering me away from a certain size motor in a particular make. They were willing to sell it, but refused to recommend it. The majority of professionals who work on the water around here swear by that dealer--and give them their business. Not many dealers like that, but they are golden when you find one.

Harley has a major advantage in bikes due to their dealer network. Don't blame them at all.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The Harley dealer in Morristown TN also sells grinders on the same floor...
That just doesn't sit right with me and it seems like the same thing in a different flavor.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
h9ll
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Blackmouth

ORIGINAL: tbone52

Yeah, Ridley was the one. I didn't ask the price. Probably not in the $3500 range.
No sir, no where near $3500.
Those Ridley START around the $12k range if I remember correctly.
I've never seen anything but HD or Buell at my local dealers.

Those bikes vegashd posted are made by Hyosung.
However they read "Aquila" on the tank.

Saw one of those in the dealer parking lot the other day I had to do double take...Hyosung, wtf is that. I'd have to really reconsider going a dealer that sold cheap-Korean knock-offs on the same floor as their bread and butter. Seems silly.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are all kinds of Harley dealerships that sell other brands....(there are quite a few in New England, the midwest and Canada)..........most areas with a population of less than 100,000 couldn't survive on just one brand (not even if it's harley). I work at a dealership that sells harley, honda and yamaha.......and when it comes to feeding my family, I'll take your money no matter what you decide to ride