General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlin Bell aka Guardian Bell.....Did I Miss Something?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018 | 02:22 PM
BuzzCap7
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by egrand
I can't say that I believe in such things as the power of a Gremlin Bell. However, about 3 months ago I purchased a 2012 Dyna FXDC with 1,200 miles on it. A couple of weeks later I noticed a GB dangling from the front lower frame. Upon closer examination I saw that it had a fire dept. logo and since I am not a fireman I removed it. Within another week I was out riding and stopped to get a drink at a small store in the countyside and when I tried to start the bike, nothing. Had to have it towed to the dealer. A new BCM and $600 later it is working fine again and have had no more problems so far. No, I did not put it back on or get another one.
Tick tock tick tock...........

I'm 'juss say'n.

BuzzCap7

Old 07-16-2018 | 02:31 PM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member

Do I believe in gremlins? No. But I do believe in the positive vibes that are passed when someone cares enough about your safe ride to present you with a small token that they believe will bring you good luck.

My last one was left in my mailbox by an "anonymous donor" although I knew exactly who it came from.

Old 07-21-2018 | 12:26 AM
skeeter86
Cruiser

Got out of work someone stole the beell crashed and burned at128 mph 20 miles later not fun Iwatch the speed now stupid hurts alot!

Old 07-28-2018 | 09:27 PM
Aaronstottle
Cruiser

I had three of them on my last bike. When I got my first Harley, my riding buddy gave me one. Then another bud gave me one, then I got one from a friend who was dying. I couldn't bear to get rid of them. Then my daughter gave me one, I put that one in my truck - on my rearview mirror. Figured I needed the help there too.
I ended up giving one of mine to a friend when he got his first Harley. I'm down to two on the bike !

Old 07-28-2018 | 10:50 PM
BuzzCap7
|
Club Member

Originally Posted by Aaronstottle
I had three of them on my last bike. When I got my first Harley, my riding buddy gave me one. Then another bud gave me one, then I got one from a friend who was dying. I couldn't bear to get rid of them. Then my daughter gave me one, I put that one in my truck - on my rearview mirror. Figured I needed the help there too.
I ended up giving one of mine to a friend when he got his first Harley. I'm down to two on the bike !
Really kool story. Nvr saw or heard of more than 1 on a bike at a time but why not? Thanks for sharing.........really kool!

BuzzCap7

Old 07-29-2018 | 05:31 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
I've got an Evil Gremlin Bell, taped up so it can't ring and sitting on a shelf where I keep it.
I can't bring myself to destroy it but it should never be rung on another bike again.
Yup, I have one of those.

Originally Posted by mmesa005
Pretty close. But what most folks don't know is that if the bell is given to or received by someone who is not family or a close personal friend then it works in the exact opposite manner. BTW, it's a Gremlin Bell not a "Guardian" bell. I guess somewhere along the way someone figured that if they changed the name it would be kinder and gentler.

Old 07-29-2018 | 05:37 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I do not have one on my bikes. I see nothing wrong with giving one to a friend as a gesture that you hope they stay safe. Never heard of a particular speech that goes with it.

Old 07-29-2018 | 05:51 AM
OzHD
Banned

Love this day and age... 2018 and people still believe in superstitions and "reverse actions". How do the gremlins know if "X" is a close friend or not... and how close a "close friend " do they have to be to pass their scrutiny?

(Yes, I can understand using them for the sake of the loved one who gave it to you, the good will that goes with that gifting... but "gremlins caught in the bell"..*shakes head*

What about these? Do they improve your virility? (or do they get caught in the bell)

Old 07-29-2018 | 07:32 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

You just have to believe. Man's history is full of rituals, ceremonies and habitude. How does that song go, "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad...." Hell, even science isn't exact.

No, swinging ********, aka "truck nuts" are illegal in Florida.

Old 07-29-2018 | 07:57 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member

I think I saw a coffee chick working at Charbuck's with one in her nose.

Quick Reply: Gremlin Bell aka Guardian Bell.....Did I Miss Something?