General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Bees!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Sidehack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Bees!!!

Less than half way through the good riding season and I got my fourth bee sting today.

Most times they hit my torso and crawl to a nice meaty spot to sting but this one hit on my forehead and crawled behind my sunglasses before planting its stinger near my right eyebrow. I let go of the throttle and pulled the glasses off but trying to grab the critter made me lose the grip on the glasses so off they went into the ether.

Walked both sides of the road with an increasingly swelling eyebrow and couldn't find my sunglasses, had to ride home with none which is worse than the sting. Another "spare" item to start carrying.

Just felt like venting, I guess being so sweet has its drawbacks.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
blackend
Road Captain
Default RE: Damn Bees!!!

i got hit by what I thought was a rock in the face last weak, when I got to the next stop light I looked in my mirror and saw a stinger in my right cheek! friggen thing hurt all the way home ! had a welt for @3 days!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best thing I do for bee stings while riding is kill the little bastard$ first,,,then squeeze,,and pinch where u got nailed,,,less than a mile the hurt is all gone......I hate hornets....

Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I kinda like the feel of um!!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

I bet your honey does too....
ORIGINAL: electaRICK

I kinda like the feel of um!!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

I got stung last year riding between Sturgis and Spearfish....right above the glasses....looked like the Geigco cave man for about three days.....

Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I got nailed by three different bees in about a 5 mile span right by Devils Tower last fall during the Black Hills Rally. The last one got me good. I braked hard and scared the sheet out of our 14 year old son - don't think he's ridden with me since

Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
zcaseman
Advanced

I rode purist for the past 20 years (clean bike) so I understand, but for pete's sakes a even a tiny windshield will carry them over your head with the wind.

No need to respond about never installing such p@$$y piece of gear on your bike, I understand. I've just turned into a p@$$y.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

My windshields in the past have nailed a lot of bees but the three that nailed me went right between the top of the windshield and my helmet visor and damn did they ever hurt

Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
kjgreg
Novice

My wife got stung twice within 3 days. First on a short trip to Boise for some leather shopping, stung in the leg. Next was on a local poker run. We made a stop and she was picking up her helmet when the bee stung her in the finger. Seems it liked the hot black helmet she left on the seat for only 5 minutes. At least she is not alergic to them like myself.

Quick Reply: Damn Bees!!!