General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Guards and Law Enforcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default RE: Road Guards and Law Enforcement

Couldn't agree more. Back up what you say with experience. I have been sharing my experiences here for a while. Just because mine don't fit your thinking don't mean that I don't have them and that all my miles are on the keyboard and not the road.

Haven't made a personal attack that I can see, just said that I didn't ride with people who have attitudes. I have pointed out that I disagree with people that think they own the road and have the right to impose their will on others.

There are new people here that want to learn, and they should have the opportunity to learn, and not just hear a lot of stuff about "OLD SCHOOL" "REAL BIKER" and if a driver cuts you off or gets in your formationthey won't be able to drive for a while after they get out of the hospital. Talk about "Rambo" mentality.

Common sense does go a long way in surviving while riding, and common sense tells me that breaking the law, pissing off people in 4,000# cars and thinking that brutalizing people that offend youis alright is not the best thing to be doing or encouraging new people to do.

Bill

Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I never got ticketed for blocking traffic....No u don't dive in front of a movingcager to block that intersection....Yes I've seen my share of group mishaps,,,,,Yes there are right ways and wrong ways to handle intersections for group rides,,,,,Yes there are good bikers and bad,,,Yes there are good cops and bad......

Old 07-01-2007, 02:02 PM
shredhd
Banned

typical cop responses. and yes i hide my profile, doesn't mean i dont' have credibility. you want my info, pm me and we can meet. i'll show my credentials to back up what i say. i don't hide behind a badge which is worse. i have never met a cop who didn't make a bad situation worse just by his mere presence. obviously, this forum is no different. i have had it with all the elitist babies. too bad because there are some people who have been riding probably longer than most cops here have been leo's. the original topic asked about large groups not sponsored and advertised charity rides. read the thread again. what he was talking about INMO was groups of friends. i would assume approx. less than 100 bikes. not large groups. large events are planned so notifing LE is easy. small groups tend to ride and make up the destination as they go. too difficult to notify every chit town force that "we are comming through". and most small towns don't have cops to help out with domestics/child abuse. they are too busy catching speeders and creating income for their chit town so they can try to justify their salary at budget time. As for my profile being hidden, if you were any person whom knows about internet security, you would understand. you want a profile , here it is. One ornery M>Fker who uses common sense and doesn't give a phuk about law enforcement. I protect myself, family and friends. try to be honest and fair. if that ain't good enough for ya- go ***** yourself. and oh yeah, i am on my 10 motorcycle because i know that there are some of you that think that kind of a statement lends credibility to my attitude. you want attitude- i got enough for all LEO. hypricrits.i am now dismounting MY soapbox. thank you and good luck on your rides. oh yeah ,how many motorcycle cops stop at red lights when they are in formation and all together? the answer is ZERO. they all block intersections. why are they again above the law? same reason they travel down the highway at well over speed limit and up everybody's azzes in left lane? again- because they think they are above the law. but yet we must do what they want??? B>S>

Old 07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whatever

Old 07-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ever see a car cut off a 1% club? it ain't pretty. the operator of the car usually is not able to drive for a while(medical emergency). I saw some 1% beat a guy damn near to death because he cut into a wedding procession. It was ugly.
It is also wrong and criminal. The law calls that assult and battery. Plus it doesn't help the image any.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: shredhd
like i said, cops would rather we block traffic than have to clean up the mess from an accident.
Have you asked the cops if they prefer you beat people with your fists or baseball bats?

And did you ask the cops on the legality of throwing objects at cars?

Tell me how they felt about those issues please.

Or did you only tell the cops about all the great things you do as a responsible biker?

I'll ride solo myself.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Way to contribute there Peekaboo,,very informitive....

ORIGINAL: Peekaboo Bob

Whatever

Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

The law knows what they know,,,,they also call a direct and deliberate threat on my life or a brothers asan acciedent......seemed years ago u were a target.....I never beat the snott outta another driver,,,,I have assulted their cars and if thats crimminal so be it,,,,at least they wont try that stupid **** wit anybody again......

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ever see a car cut off a 1% club? it ain't pretty. the operator of the car usually is not able to drive for a while(medical emergency). I saw some 1% beat a guy damn near to death because he cut into a wedding procession. It was ugly.
It is also wrong and criminal. The law calls that assult and battery. Plus it doesn't help the image any.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
shredhd
Banned

how about this scenario, light turns yellow, people have 1 second to make decision, gun it through or stop. some gun it, then light changes from yellow to red., splitting group. bike approaching slams on brakes to not run red. everybody else behind slams on brakes also because guy at intersection dynamites brakes. bikes get piled up and bikers crash into each other. Leo's think this is cool because at least we didn't run light or upset automobile drivers. Oh yeah this scenario makes sense. 10 or more bikes piled up on top of each other because we didn't want to inconvenience a car. get real. you block traffic so as to avoid the nascar type pile-up.that is what experience tells me. experienced bikers don't even think about blocking traffic and protecting your brother rider, we just do it. it is, and should be instinctual. it is not about being above the law, it is about doing whatever you have to do to protect your fellow biker. i always will do whatever i have to do to protect myself and the riders in my group from accidents. that is part of what being a biker is about. as for the violence, i do not look for it, but i will never puss out from it. there are enough lawyers out here to explain this for me to a jury of my peers. i will gladly take the arrest and court appearance for trying to protect each and every biker that i ride with weather they are new to it or old skool. it just seems that i shouldn't have to explain this mentality. we all ride and we should all being doing whatever necessary to protect ourselves. too bad if cars are the least bit inconvenienced for 1 light cycle. how inconvenienced will we be if somebody gets run down by a car trying to split up the group.blocking works, it has been done since bikers became motorized. it has nothing to do with image. if image is so important to you, why the phuk did you buy your bike?? you should have bought an expensive car instead. cut off anyone we ride with, and you got problems. LEO's never write ticketsto cars for this unless the cager is drunk and usually the biker(s) are dead by then. i guarantee you that my experience makes up for my attitude or hidden profile. only a computer geek with a bike would give a phuk about my profile.. as a matter of record, i have a record, hdforum's profile should probably post it so all people who question my credibility about being a biker, can be satisfied. including the Leo's. We will always continue to block intersections and deal with the consiquences as the arise and suggest that all bikers not be so f'n scared and be more concerned with protecting their crew, thanwith court appearances or tickets..

Old 07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

ORIGINAL: shredhd

typical cop responses. and yes i hide my profile, doesn't mean i dont' have credibility. you want my info, pm me and we can meet. i'll show my credentials to back up what i say. i don't hide behind a badge which is worse. i have never met a cop who didn't make a bad situation worse just by his mere presence. obviously, this forum is no different. i have had it with all the elitist babies. too bad because there are some people who have been riding probably longer than most cops here have been leo's. the original topic asked about large groups not sponsored and advertised charity rides. read the thread again. what he was talking about INMO was groups of friends. i would assume approx. less than 100 bikes. not large groups. large events are planned so notifing LE is easy. small groups tend to ride and make up the destination as they go. too difficult to notify every chit town force that "we are comming through". and most small towns don't have cops to help out with domestics/child abuse. they are too busy catching speeders and creating income for their chit town so they can try to justify their salary at budget time. As for my profile being hidden, if you were any person whom knows about internet security, you would understand. you want a profile , here it is. One ornery M>Fker who uses common sense and doesn't give a phuk about law enforcement. I protect myself, family and friends. try to be honest and fair. if that ain't good enough for ya- go ***** yourself. and oh yeah, i am on my 10 motorcycle because i know that there are some of you that think that kind of a statement lends credibility to my attitude. you want attitude- i got enough for all LEO. hypricrits.i am now dismounting MY soapbox. thank you and good luck on your rides. oh yeah ,how many motorcycle cops stop at red lights when they are in formation and all together? the answer is ZERO. they all block intersections. why are they again above the law? same reason they travel down the highway at well over speed limit and up everybody's azzes in left lane? again- because they think they are above the law. but yet we must do what they want??? B>S>
In the face of reason the best arguement is foul language, a bad attitude, and look what a tough guy I am. Your tough guy attitude and the number of bikes you have owned doesn't impress me.

Tell me where you have been, what roads you have ridden and other such experiences that would give you morecreedencein answering the question that was asked than all of us RUB'S.

As far as Peek-a-Boo's response, he's just letting us know that he is smart enough not to get sucked into something like this, unlike me. You want to see someone with ability and experience, just go take a ride with him, but if you decide to, you better have your hammer cocked. He just might be more informative than you think in the riding department.

This has taken a turn away from any semblence of reasonable discussion, so I'm done. Hope the people that needed information were able to get what they were looking for.

Bill

Quick Reply: Road Guards and Law Enforcement