General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What headset comes with an '18 Ultra Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:16 AM
RoyB
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default What headset comes with an '18 Ultra Limited?

My salesman told me that they came with a wireless set. This weekend I got around to going through all the stuff finally. I took a look at the headset and it's a wired one, and only one total headset in the box. There was a spot for 2, but only one included. The box says 1pcs, but I wasn't sure if 1pcs was a pair or just a single headset.

I was going to give him a call today, but figured I would ask the experts first. 1) is wired the correct one? 2) how many should be in the box? A single headset, or a pair (2)? A single one seems kind of pointless on a bike designed for 2 people.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,032 Likes on 706 Posts

Wired headset is was what i got with mine new (it is a 2016 though). I do not think your bike can utilize the wireless headsets until you install the "WHIM". I might be mistaken, but I think only the CVO's had those installed... but I could be wrong about that.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:12 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyB
My salesman told me that they came with a wireless set. This weekend I got around to going through all the stuff finally. I took a look at the headset and it's a wired one, and only one total headset in the box. There was a spot for 2, but only one included. The box says 1pcs, but I wasn't sure if 1pcs was a pair or just a single headset.

I was going to give him a call today, but figured I would ask the experts first. 1) is wired the correct one? 2) how many should be in the box? A single headset, or a pair (2)? A single one seems kind of pointless on a bike designed for 2 people.
1. Wired is what they come with
2. There is only one in the box.

If your salesman told you it came with a wireless one, then go back ask him to give it to you.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 AM
rdm1465
Tourer

Received 1,023 Likes on 197 Posts

1 wired headset om my 2018 Ultra Limited Low

Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by rdm1465
This is what I got with my 2018 RGU.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:27 PM
RoyB
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems I got what I was supposed to.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:35 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyB
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems I got what I was supposed to.
Yes, but don't discount what I mentioned above about going back and asking your salesman.

If he told you it came with a wireless headset, is it possible you partially based your buying decision on there being a wireless headset?
If so, that was more than a little misleading on the salesman's part and you might be able to press the issue with him or dealer management.

I know if it wasn't in writing, it will be your word against his. But you never know. It is at worth checking out.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

The CVO Limited comes with the wireless module installed and two head sets, not the standard Limited. Then again, ya didn't fork out $45K for the bike so it's not all that bad.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:27 PM
RoyB
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Yes, but don't discount what I mentioned above about going back and asking your salesman.

If he told you it came with a wireless headset, is it possible you partially based your buying decision on there being a wireless headset?
If so, that was more than a little misleading on the salesman's part and you might be able to press the issue with him or dealer management.

I know if it wasn't in writing, it will be your word against his. But you never know. It is at worth checking out.
I get it. I also did not buy the bike based on the headset because I didn't even know it came with one until I asked about the jacks. He said something like, year, those are for the wired units but you have wireless headsets so you don't need them. It's been about a month so you are right with my word against his. I am heading to the store for their sunday breakfast ride so I will grill him about it then.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rdm1465
Same here with my limited.

Quick Reply: What headset comes with an '18 Ultra Limited?