General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 06:47 PM
mcgee10
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Some people and their driving

Went for a ride on my bike today early because it's hot here in the afternoon. I'm in the far right lane and some *** from the left lane turns right over my lane to make a right turn cutting me off bad and when I gave him the palm up ( WTF) sign I see him and his old lady give me the finger and even a kid in the back seat gave me the finger. When you're in the left lane and make a right-hand turn cutting off the guy on the bike and I get the finger. Well I followed them and the guy kept jamming on the brakes so the next light I decided not to follow them anymore so I waited to see which way he was going he pulled into the left lane so I pulled into the right lane and this ***** did it to me again windows down finger flying and he was cussing me out..
I did remove what I did to him, now only him and I know what was done. I quess broadcasting it might not have been the best thing. And yes I know the world is full of nuts and that's the reason I didn't confront him with his wife and son in his car, I'm well protected and legal to have it. I don't feel bad at all, I think he had it coming. What do you guys think????

Last edited by mcgee10; 07-03-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: broadcasting
The following users liked this post:
bambambam (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 PM
jblack902
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,121 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Lol...

Old 07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,742 Likes on 3,105 Posts

If it were only a dumptruck...

Cross thread points.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Dmurph14
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have punched there mirror.. I cannot stand people like that

Old 07-03-2018, 07:15 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,159 Likes on 6,705 Posts

On the off chance he actually makes the connection between his flat tires and cutting you off, he will likely take revenge on every biker he sees from now on without fear, because he knows they don't have the spine to deal man to man.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:16 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,668 Likes on 6,425 Posts

What would have Cowboy Rob have done I wonder. So, you didn't have a knife? Just let the air out? Might want to watch your six.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

...Lol!

friend request sent!

Old 07-03-2018, 07:24 PM
( . Y . )
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Cool story bro

Sometimes karma will catch up to them, sometimes you have to be the fist of karma. . . Unless your life is in jeopardy, it is usually best to just ride away and not even follow someone like that. Engaging them in a gesture or a conversation doesn't help as they generally don't have full cognition and will be seen as an excuse for them to escalate.

Coming out of the restaurant, I'd bet he knows it was you.

Is your bike or you easily recognizable? People can be crazy these days and you never know when a cager will go mental and exact revenge for a perceived, let alone real, slight. Let's hope he takes it as a lesson learned and doesn't become more deranged next time he's an idiot on the roads or that he continues to do stupid stuff to motorcycles.

Most courts/DA's don't like motorcycles. . . For the record, I once gave an F150 a "wtf'" palm up gesture in West Lafayette Indiana (back in 2008). He ended up trying to sideswipe me three times (3rd time I smacked his mirror) and as I lane split to get through traffic, the truck drove into the median to get around another car in order to rear end me at about 50mph. I ended up on his hood holding onto the wiper blades and 'riding it out.' Totaled bike, smashed helmet and I managed to walk away with only a few bumps and bruises. Police let him go at scene as he claimed some type of medical issue while I was stuck in the back of a cruiser. Prosecutor looked at the police report, never talked to witnesses, and charged me with driving to endanger and vandalism as I admitted to lane-splitting in my attempt to escape and smacking his mirror to 'give myself clearance in my lane.' Too much money in attorney fees later, case dropped and his insurance company had to pay for everything. He never got charged despite recommendations from the responding police officers that he was at least attempting to inflict grievous bodily harm if not kill me. . . moral of the story; just ride away or let them drive away. You never know how stuff will shake down but 9 times out of 10 it will not be in your favor.

I now ride with at least 1 GoPro on at all times. Sometimes 2 here in Maine where not only do we have our special kind of New England homegrown jackasses we have tons of vacationers who just simply don't pay attention and don't care.

Last edited by ( . Y . ); 07-03-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: redneck grammar fix ;-)
Old 07-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

OP...I like the way you think, and I think I would have done that my own self...but I guarandamntee you that I would have not been stupid enough to broadcast it all over the World Wide Web.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:39 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,950 Likes on 1,437 Posts

TOO many cameras around today to do anything like that!!

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving