General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Glad that you got it out of your system. When someone gives me the finger, I just assume that he is pissed because his lady is cheating on him with a biker and he thinks that I might be him. That usually makes me laugh enough that I can walk away from the situation.

The following users liked this post:
nobodyknowsme (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,954 Likes on 5,918 Posts

Originally Posted by saltlick
Im not trying to poke at you, i am just curious...how would a gun have helped you in this circumstance? I am always curious why people carry guns on them, in case someone else has one you can pull yours on him? If just a fight breaks out, if you havent learned self defense by this point in your life and need a gun to pull out on an unarmed person then i consider that a ***** move. The only thing i can seriously think would warrant you pulling out a gun and firing it on someone in the street would be if they had a knife and were running at you.
I see where you're coming from here, but the dude was driving a pickup. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a deadly weapon given the correct set of circumstances. From the sound of the OP, they may not have been too many moves away from meeting those circumstances. Whose fault that is or was may be a different story.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:30 AM
BTLorys
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Im not trying to poke at you, i am just curious...how would a gun have helped you in this circumstance? I am always curious why people carry guns on them, in case someone else has one you can pull yours on him? If just a fight breaks out, if you havent learned self defense by this point in your life and need a gun to pull out on an unarmed person then i consider that a ***** move. The only thing i can seriously think would warrant you pulling out a gun and firing it on someone in the street would be if they had a knife and were running at you.
There are endless situations besides somebody running at you with a knife that would qualify as a deadly threat where the need for a firearm would make sense. I dont know how that is the only situation you could think you would need a gun.

The following users liked this post:
RoyB (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 03:15 PM
RoyB
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

What kind of world do you live in where you don't think you might ever need a firearm to protect yourself? Do you like never watch the news? And fyi, under 10', a firearm is no match for a person running at you with a knife. It's been proven it's near impossible to draw and fire at the person before they reach you and do bodily harm.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:27 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 18,234 Likes on 10,082 Posts

^^^^ I dont think it was proven near impossible, but you have like less than three seconds. Also if one is to get into it with a cager, be prepared for the worst. I would figure on a real fight, not just talking **** on the side of the road, I'm talking broken bones and fractured skull, what is that called when your eye socket gets broke and your sinuses get all effed up? boxers get it. Anyway what I'm saying is, its for real out there, people are stupid and things get escalated very quickly, if you get into an altercation and happen to win, it could cost you. So, dont let anger get the best of you over some idiot, if they almost run you off the raod, but dont, let it go and consider yourself lucky. Keep the idiots in front of you, not behind you, and dont go chasing them down unless its on for real, it isnt woth it, and it isnt television.I mean if you are going t chase them down, be prepared to eff them up, for real.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Cazador
Received 3,323 Likes on 1,853 Posts

What? No get back whip? Sheesh, the biker image just took a major hit. How are the rest of us going to get respect if you don't do your duty.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:55 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

If you went dick on me in close quarters you would be praying for a shot to the head with my G29. A small vise-grip on human flesh will make you change your tune. The worse weapon I have on my person is not the pistol. It's a small vise-grip. And you want to know why us older dudes are armed? We know how you younger POS think we aren't ready. We been there and done that. I don't have time to fight with you. If you have really pissed me off I will torture you. I don't have enough time to give a rats *** about you and your punk friends.Nor do my older buddies. If it comes down to today and tomorrow,,, if you don't know where us 50 plus old hacks stand,,, I hope your smart enough to not find out. Fact,,, we don't give a ****!!! Been there done that....

Old 07-06-2018, 10:46 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
You carry a valve stem tool when you are riding?

I do. Just loosen them up enough for a slow leak. Next morning all 4 tires are flat. Either that of sitting along side the road trying to figure out how they got flat. Pumping them back up just results in 4 more flats. the gift that just keeps giving.

The following 5 users liked this post by nytryder:
BuzzCap7 (07-07-2018), mcgee10 (07-08-2018), nobodyknowsme (07-07-2018), psyshack (07-06-2018), user 7172984932 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,744 Likes on 6,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Redoilokie
I see where you're coming from here, but the dude was driving a pickup. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as a deadly weapon given the correct set of circumstances. From the sound of the OP, they may not have been too many moves away from meeting those circumstances. Whose fault that is or was may be a different story.
You can't shoot somebody for cutting you off, intentional or not, unless you are filming an episode of sons of anarchy or some bullshit.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,954 Likes on 5,918 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
You can't shoot somebody for cutting you off, intentional or not, unless you are filming an episode of sons of anarchy or some bullshit.
No prot, you can't just shoot someone for cutting you off. He asked for any scenario where the rider might need a gun and I simply stated that a vehicle could be considered a deadly weapon, thereby opening up multiple scenarios where the rider might need a gun. Never mind the fact that the driver and his family were a touch off center.

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving