General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 08:38 AM
mcgee10
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Sure wish there was a delete button, I would have deleted this one for sure. Now I'm wondering if editif I could have edited everything out except for the title. Can someone answer this question?? or I'll try it later today.
Sorry I post this. But hey thanks for the advice.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,954 Likes on 5,918 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgee10
Sure wish there was a delete button, I would have deleted this one for sure. Now I'm wondering if editif I could have edited everything out except for the title. Can someone answer this question?? or I'll try it later today.
Club members can delete a post, everyone else can edit within the time allotted. I don't think an OP can be deleted, but if you catch it in time, you can edit the contents of the post.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:43 AM
RoyB
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

When I get cut off in the truck, I cut them off and blow soot all over them.

When I get cut off on the bike, I let it go. Too easy to get run off the road by a nut job.

If you CCW and are this aggressive (vandalizing a car), then you may want to seek some help. We are held to a higher standard. Be smart out there. People drive like ********.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:48 AM
BTLorys
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,236 Posts

You can probably PM a mod and ask them to remove the whole thread if that's what you want.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

You can contact a mod and have the thread deleted or edited.

What's done is done, but my take-away is a bit different; we live within an hour of each other, so I know how Michigan Man behaves, and drives But, should Michigan Man connect your response to the situation he may be watching. Michigan Man is nothing if not predictable. You ride a very distinctive motorcycle; it's not some murdered out cookie cutter; how many Frankenstein triked red Softail Standards do you think are running around in our area?

You said you won't forget his truck; if his addled little brain connects A to B...

I take my personal security very seriously; just watch your 6; just in case...

The following 2 users liked this post by TinCupChalice:
mcgee10 (07-05-2018), Torky_SOB (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 09:38 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Ok mcgee10, I (again) disagree. Your post was GREAT!

You had a concern. You expressed yourself. You got a variety of replies. Other than the comments abt this post should never of happened, have you learned something from all of this? Some practical advice when riding. I would say you did. <-- Period. End of story.

Ok, not end of story. This post also brought the subject matter to the surface. How to act (or not act) in similar situations.

At the very least my friend mcgee10, this brings up the subject matter to BE AWARE and LOOK AROUND etc..... This type of post (to me) is always a GOOD reminder not to go riding with your mind in "la la land" day dreaming and not paying attention.

Read my signature.

I like your post.

Lastly, for whatever it means, most "close calls" or when I have to perform an emergency maneuver, I almost never get up set at the cager. (I did not say never. I said "almost" never.) I hope it will ever happen but I ride like everyone is trying to kill me. That I am invisible. I expect someone is going to do a bonehead stupid thing causing me to react immediately if not faster if it was possible. So when someone does make a bond head maneuver (and guaranteed they will) I am on guard. <-- It is almost like it is THEIR JOB to do something STUPID! And it is my JOB to out maneuver the incident and remain safe.

My premise is, no one would purposely NOT see me. Sh*t man, cagers DO NOT SEE OTHER CAGERS, how the "F" do you think they are going to see bikes no matter what bright colors or noises are made????

GREAT post mate! Don't be shy posting a new thread in the future mate.

BuzzCap7

Old 07-05-2018, 02:47 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,716 Likes on 1,991 Posts

Relax, brother. Put on your kevlar flamesuit on; most of us mean no harm.

Too, most of us have been there, in one form or another. It's good to relay these stories publicly - it helps us remind each other to relax. Heck it may help convince one of he younger drivers to not react next time (and there will be a next time), maybe saving them a lot of headaches or worse.

Ride on.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:59 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Yep, few things **** me off more than you fuc* up and treat me as if I'm the *******. For me, a shrug or a "hey-I'm-sorry-I-fuc*ed-up" wave is enough to deescalate the situation - flip the bird and my blood begins to boil.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:57 AM
InnishMoor
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 74 Posts

Were you able to find your horn during the emergency? Also, can’t believe nobody has mentioned the get back whip. You have it hanging there for a reason.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:16 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

I knew this would be a hard story to tell to get the people reading it anywhere near as angry as I was living it. This guy cuts me off they gave me the finger and screamed at me for him doing something stupid and then did it again to **** me off, even more, the whole time his wife and son egging him on. It was one of those you had to be there moments. I have a CCW permit and I had a handgun on me and for this reason, I didn't want face to face. His truck has a sticker and a dent I will not forget. Maybe I should have just ridden away but I couldn't do it. In my mind he had it coming something. And a few flat tires that at the time was good enough.
Im not trying to poke at you, i am just curious...how would a gun have helped you in this circumstance? I am always curious why people carry guns on them, in case someone else has one you can pull yours on him? If just a fight breaks out, if you havent learned self defense by this point in your life and need a gun to pull out on an unarmed person then i consider that a ***** move. The only thing i can seriously think would warrant you pulling out a gun and firing it on someone in the street would be if they had a knife and were running at you.

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving