General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Come on man, ya didn't even stab him?!?!?!?
I didn’t want to set that bad of an example for the kid.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:38 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,902 Likes on 2,431 Posts

Few things...
* I today in my late 50s, mental note of the plate, type it on my cell, call the police file a complaint

* as a young man in my 20s - 4 of us on the Garden State Parkway on the way to AC. plug in your story essentially. We decide its a good time to gas up. Tool and his family follow us in and inches up to the bikes at the pump. Timmy my buddy loses his **** and walks aggressively over to the car which is now turned off. The driver goes to get out of the car and Timmy slams the door on his legs, pulls the guy out by his collar and puts him face first on the pavement. Reaches in and takes his keys. Oh, Timmy is now a retired NYPD cop. We received professional courtesy that day. Funny thing is we still get pissed off reminiscing that story.. Joys of 1985...

Glad you were able to walk away from that trash. Karma sucks for them...

Last edited by uncle kebo; 07-04-2018 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 382 Likes on 321 Posts

Well, what do I think?
Any hand gesture from a rider can be asking for trouble.
Car versus bike.
OP contributed to this road rage example.

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

I wouldn’t have done anything because I wouldn’t have been in that situation. After reading this forum for a while, I’m afraid to ride my bike with the fear of it blowing up or me getting run over. So I just sit in the garage and look at it.

Shane T (07-05-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 424 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
I wouldn’t have done anything because I wouldn’t have been in that situation. After reading this forum for a while, I’m afraid to ride my bike with the fear of it blowing up or me getting run over. So I just sit in the garage and look at it.
So do most other Harley owners.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,348 Likes on 3,582 Posts

Glad you are ok and glad asshat has flat tires.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:31 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by Wowser

I think you’re full of ****. And if the story is true, then I think you are (1) stupid, especially for posting this on the internet, (2) too thin skinned to be on the road, and (3) need to grow some ***** if you’re too mentally weak to let it go, instead of ****ing with his car.

What you did was a bitch move.

You asked.
Are we being a tad bit judgmental here?

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by mcgee10
I knew this would be a hard story to tell to get the people reading it anywhere near as angry as I was living it. This guy cuts me off they gave me the finger and screamed at me for him doing something stupid and then did it again to **** me off, even more, the whole time his wife and son egging him on. It was one of those you had to be there moments. I have a CCW permit and I had a handgun on me and for this reason, I didn't want face to face. His truck has a sticker and a dent I will not forget. Maybe I should have just ridden away but I couldn't do it. In my mind he had it coming something. And a few flat tires that at the time was good enough.
1) This IS going to happen if u log any type of miles on your bike.
2) BEST thing in the world is to know it is not personal. They do NOT know you. MAY not even realize what they did.
3) Have compassion for this persons screw up.
4) Ride on and enjoy the day and be HAPPY you are STILL riding. Rubber side is still down. That is GREAT!

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
Well, what do I think?
Any hand gesture from a rider can be asking for trouble.
Car versus bike.
OP contributed to this road rage example.
THIS from K-45 above appears to me as FANTASTIC advice. NOT easy for me to learn what K-45 is saying but more than ever I believe is 100% CORRECT! IMHO.

BuzzCap7

Old 07-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

How it COULD have ended:

Biker Killed in Road Rage Incident
A biker followed a car into a parking lot and attempted to vandalize it after a road rage incident. "I was in fear of my life and for my family," said Joe Blow. "He was making obscene gestures at us on the highway and we have no idea why. I felt I had no choice when he approached our car acting aggressively." No charges have been filed. blah blah blah

Old 07-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,744 Likes on 6,687 Posts

Obviously I agree, don't escalate, don't follow, or anything. Laugh it off and chalk them up as another jackass on the road.

That being said, I laughed my *** off about the old lady and kid getting in on the act.

I am also kind of thinking, letting air out of the tires doesn't damage them like puncturing them would, although it sounds like the schrader valves were removed, not simply depressed to deflate the tires. Still a douchebag thing to do, but it is not as bad as slashing the tires or leaving a turd on the driver's seat of the car.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,324 Likes on 7,920 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
Obviously I agree, don't escalate, don't follow, or anything. Laugh it off and chalk them up as another jackass on the road.
Especially when you're a CCW. Not worth loosing your permit or having the situation go sideways & end up in a gunfight. Best to take the high road when carrying a firearm.

BuzzCap7 (07-04-2018)

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving