General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by chief08
a real biker would have beat the crap out of him and his wife then bitch slapped his son a couple times
Or taken his old lady to Australia with a couple of buddies for the weekend. Historic x-thread points.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts
Old 07-03-2018, 10:26 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

It's true that when someone does something that stupid to you while your on your bike we tend to get even more pissed off. I cant say I would not have done the same thing but the smart thing is to ride away. It's just not worth it

Old 07-03-2018, 10:39 PM
( . Y . )
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 07-04-2018, 06:30 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

People have become complete morons on the road in the last 10 years or so. I recently bought a new car,,, nothing fancy and hardwired a Thinkware 2 channel dashcam system in it. And am now looking into what kind of camera systems I can buy or build and install on the King. While action cams will get the job done. I would much rather have a semi permanent install on the bike much like a automotive dash cam system and discrete.

I'm getting to old to kick mirrors off and really don't care to be fighting with idiots on the road. Evasion is starting to look real good. While I am well armed and refuse to enter a state that does not accept my permit to carry it all seems to be getting so complicated.

I use to be one of those that refused to back down and accepted I could die standing up against those idiots. But there are so damn many of them now days. I just can't do a battle or two a day at my age.

Last edited by psyshack; 07-04-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:01 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
You carry a valve stem tool when you are riding?
That's what I was thinking.
I saw the OPs answer and thought.........oh, that's pretty good. Likely has a story behind it.

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Bluesrider.df
I think there's too much risk and too little reward. There's no shortage of idiots on the roads. Take pride in rising above. That's all I got.
VERY hard for me to learn that. An old time biker, ex-military and retired LEO once said basically the same thing to me in my early riding career. HARD for me to do it but I accomplished it. FEES GOOD not to let others push ur buttons.

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Bopple Hill Rd
“What do I think?” Well, on one hand, I must admit, I love it. But on the other hand, I’d highly recommend you not make a habit of exacting your revenge regardless of how pissed you are and tempted to do something about it. It’s just not worth it.

Another thing...if you live in a smaller community where you may cross paths again, I’d keep alert to his vehicle. He, and his crew don’t sound very stable.

Final note...we’ve all been there. I’ve found, more often than not, that when I keep my cool, I get an apology, and when I don’t, It’s gotten sticky, and I usually feel like a fool for losing it and regret it. At this point in my life, I’m too damn old for dusting it up any more. Stay cool and stay safe.
I almost never get upset anymore. I just understand, it IS going to happen. It is a part of riding. No one out rightly would do something like that against me on purpose since they do not even know who I am.

Their inattention is "on them".

Also the better "evolved" or understanding it will ALWAYS happens, allows me not to allow those things to bother me. <-- The higher spiritually evolved I mean.

Originally Posted by mike in dallas
It's true that when someone does something that stupid to you while your on your bike we tend to get even more pissed off. I cant say I would not have done the same thing but the smart thing is to ride away. It's just not worth it
MID really sums it up right. Though it is HARD to do (at the beginning) but when you REALLY HAVE YOUR SH*T together, that is the SMARTEST thing to do. You also (in my experience) are less stressful, accepting, and HAPPY going thru life! There is a LOT LOT LOT that can be said abt this subject matter.

But I think MID and a few others above got it right! Wish them the best, love'm (yeah, I said "love'm) and ENJOY your ride!

BuzzCap7

Old 07-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 424 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgee10
I did remove what I did to him, now only him and I know what was done. I quess broadcasting it might not have been the best thing. And yes I know the world is full of nuts and that's the reason I didn't confront him with his wife and son in his car, I'm well protected and legal to have it. I don't feel bad at all, I think he had it coming. What do you guys think????
I think you’re full of ****. And if the story is true, then I think you are (1) stupid, especially for posting this on the internet, (2) too thin skinned to be on the road, and (3) need to grow some ***** if you’re too mentally weak to let it go, instead of ****ing with his car.

What you did was a bitch move.

You asked.

Last edited by Wowser; 07-04-2018 at 07:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mcgee10 (07-04-2018)
Old 07-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Beat the driver within an inch from his life, rape his wife, urinate on the brat, then go through his wallet and take out enough cash for a nice pancake breakfast courtesy of him.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:54 AM
mcgee10
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

I knew this would be a hard story to tell to get the people reading it anywhere near as angry as I was living it. This guy cuts me off they gave me the finger and screamed at me for him doing something stupid and then did it again to **** me off, even more, the whole time his wife and son egging him on. It was one of those you had to be there moments. I have a CCW permit and I had a handgun on me and for this reason, I didn't want face to face. His truck has a sticker and a dent I will not forget. Maybe I should have just ridden away but I couldn't do it. In my mind he had it coming something. And a few flat tires that at the time was good enough.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:01 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,668 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Beat the driver within an inch from his life, rape his wife, urinate on the brat, then go through his wallet and take out enough cash for a nice pancake breakfast courtesy of him.
Come on man, ya didn't even stab him?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving