General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people and their driving

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 07:42 PM
BuzzCap7
Club Member
Received 18,557 Likes on 10,762 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgee10
Went for a ride on my bike today early because it's hot here in the afternoon. I'm in the far right lane and some *** from the left lane turns right over my lane to make a right turn cutting me off bad and when I gave him the palm up ( WTF) sign I see him and his old lady give me the finger and even a kid in the back seat gave me the finger. When you're in the left lane and make a right-hand turn cutting off the guy on the bike and I get the finger. Well I followed them and the guy kept jamming on the brakes so the next light I decided not to follow them anymore so I waited to see which way he was going he pulled into the left lane so I pulled into the right lane and this ***** did it to me again windows down finger flying and he was cussing me out..
I hung back from him as far as I could to keep out of his sight, they finally pulled into a La Bell restaurant and all of them went in. I pulled up a few spots away and loosened all 4 of his valve stems at first the air venting was loud but as the tires got flatter noise became barely noticeable. So tonight I watched the local news I was not on it so looks like no video cams. I don't feel bad at all, I think he had it coming. What do you guys think????
I am sitting here with a HUGE smile on my face that I am failing to wipe off. And personally, the OLD me I would have done so much more than that to the vehicle.

BUT the NEW me is saying this........those blokes have enough problems behaving the way they did. (It is hard to believe I am going to say this since I am no longer vindictive) I would now say, I would have compassion for them behaving the way they did. Not let it bother me the best I can and get on with life.

They have problems, I am "above" it, not judge them any further (and likely that was too much).

BuzzCap7

Old 07-03-2018, 07:43 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,079 Likes on 12,017 Posts

You carry a valve stem tool when you are riding?

Old 07-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgee10
What do you guys think????
I think there's too much risk and too little reward. There's no shortage of idiots on the roads. Take pride in rising above. That's all I got.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-08-2018 at 09:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluesrider.df:
hvacgaspiping (07-04-2018), shorelasHD (07-04-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Schrade LB7.....sidewall. Much quicker than valve stems. If your gonna go. Go big. Criminal mischief is criminal mischief.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,209 Likes on 2,886 Posts

A real biker would have slashed all four tires, shot a few holes in the doors and not cared if there were cameras around!!!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:15 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

.....don't get mad, get even!

Old 07-03-2018, 08:23 PM
mcgee10
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
You carry a valve stem tool when you are riding?
I have had the little tool on my key chain for 35 years that's another story and a good luck charm for me. It's the metal valve stem cap off 1977 AMF sportster my first Harley-davidson. So yes I have that tool with my always, I have one on my truck key ring and even my Boat key ring

Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 984 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by ( . Y . )
Cool story bro

Sometimes karma will catch up to them, sometimes you have to be the fist of karma. . . Unless your life is in jeopardy, it is usually best to just ride away and not even follow someone like that. Engaging them in a gesture or a conversation doesn't help as they generally don't have full cognition and will be seen as an excuse for them to escalate.

Coming out of the restaurant, I'd bet he knows it was you.

Is your bike or you easily recognizable? People can be crazy these days and you never know when a cager will go mental and exact revenge for a perceived, let alone real, slight. Let's hope he takes it as a lesson learned and doesn't become more deranged next time he's an idiot on the roads or that he continues to do stupid stuff to motorcycles.

Most courts/DA's don't like motorcycles. . . For the record, I once gave an F150 a "wtf'" palm up gesture in West Lafayette Indiana (back in 2008). He ended up trying to sideswipe me three times (3rd time I smacked his mirror) and as I lane split to get through traffic, the truck drove into the median to get around another car in order to rear end me at about 50mph. I ended up on his hood holding onto the wiper blades and 'riding it out.' Totaled bike, smashed helmet and I managed to walk away with only a few bumps and bruises. Police let him go at scene as he claimed some type of medical issue while I was stuck in the back of a cruiser. Prosecutor looked at the police report, never talked to witnesses, and charged me with driving to endanger and vandalism as I admitted to lane-splitting in my attempt to escape and smacking his mirror to 'give myself clearance in my lane.' Too much money in attorney fees later, case dropped and his insurance company had to pay for everything. He never got charged despite recommendations from the responding police officers that he was at least attempting to inflict grievous bodily harm if not kill me. . . moral of the story; just ride away or let them drive away. You never know how stuff will shake down but 9 times out of 10 it will not be in your favor.

I now ride with at least 1 GoPro on at all times. Sometimes 2 here in Maine where not only do we have our special kind of New England homegrown jackasses we have tons of vacationers who just simply don't pay attention and don't care.
^^^THIS^^^

Manys the time I have taken myself out of the equation (pulled over)to save my butt.

Caution is the better part of valor anyway.....................

Old 07-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 393 Likes on 260 Posts

“What do I think?” Well, on one hand, I must admit, I love it. But on the other hand, I’d highly recommend you not make a habit of exacting your revenge regardless of how pissed you are and tempted to do something about it. It’s just not worth it.

Another thing...if you live in a smaller community where you may cross paths again, I’d keep alert to his vehicle. He, and his crew don’t sound very stable.

Final note...we’ve all been there. I’ve found, more often than not, that when I keep my cool, I get an apology, and when I don’t, It’s gotten sticky, and I usually feel like a fool for losing it and regret it. At this point in my life, I’m too damn old for dusting it up any more. Stay cool and stay safe.

Last edited by Bopple Hill Rd; 07-03-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:40 PM
chief08
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 107 Posts

a real biker would have beat the crap out of him and his wife then bitch slapped his son a couple times

Quick Reply: Some people and their driving