General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific (West Coast) Rally - Sept 14 to 17, 2007 (update 08/19/07)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007 | 12:14 AM
Bluerose
Default RE: Pacific (West Coast) Rally - Sept 14 to 17, 2007

Have requests for estimates out Doing hotel stuff.....

Pool important? Its darn cool at night in september so it has to be heated or indoors.

Old 07-10-2007 | 04:15 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Pacific (West Coast) Rally - Sept 14 to 17, 2007 (update 07/03/07)

Ok folks I have a good quote on the T-shirts (6.1ozblack Long sleeve shirts)= $23 for the Men and $24 for the Women.

Shipping for anyone that is not attending or would like them before the event will be extra.

Comments on the suggested shirt before I "ink" the deal?

Suggested shirt is:

Front: Left Pocket sized logo (the same as the official HDForums shirt only smaller)
Back: The Mammoth drawn by my daughter

[IMG]local://upfiles/8743/96803DB89A1C46EFB720F3FEE4E3FB57.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8743/9DFE580F3F7D48439C7E97FAE4D023C4.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: Adjusted shirt costs by $1...sorry.....

Old 07-10-2007 | 08:06 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

Bluerose,

I'll take one even though I may not be able to ride. I'll be in June Lake in the motorhome but may be bike-less :~( (Dealing with some medical issues.)

Dan

Old 07-10-2007 | 09:54 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: mrsr71

Bluerose,

I'll take one even though I may not be able to ride. I'll be in June Lake in the motorhome but may be bike-less :~( (Dealing with some medical issues.)

Dan
I'm sure if you can't get over there...we can finda way to get you to the festivities (meet and greet stuff)...a shame you can't ride but if you have a car or if someone else does and yourup for that kind of ride your still welcome to follow! People at our chapter do it all the time. [sm=gears.gif]

Weare looking for the pleasure of your company....

Old 07-11-2007 | 08:08 PM
DI_Dave
Cruiser

Sounds like this will be a great time.
I'll be there if my crazy work travel permits. At this time it is hard to make any plans more than a few weeks out.
When do you need a firm commitment to lock down the rooms?
I may have to just make a reservation on the side at the Hotel that would allow me to cancel if need be.
Not sure if the Wife can make it so I might be solo.

Thanks for all the effort in putting this together!!

Old 07-11-2007 | 08:37 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: DI_Dave

Sounds like this will be a great time.
I'll be there if my crazy work travel permits. At this time it is hard to make any plans more than a few weeks out.
When do you need a firm commitment to lock down the rooms?
I may have to just make a reservation on the side at the Hotel that would allow me to cancel if need be.
Not sure if the Wife can make it so I might be solo.

Thanks for all the effort in putting this together!!
What I'm looking for is a count. I've told the hotels that I'm am getting quotes from that all of the people will be making thier own reservations. I will also put out a list of alternate hotels in the case they fill up orthe cost is too much for some.

I do have to make reservations for eateriesand such....It's hard to make a reservation for 30 the day of a ride.

Old 07-16-2007 | 12:24 AM
Bluerose

OK I have 5 offers from the hotels. Anything that is a must have? (e.g. pool, underground parking, bar, mornig breakfest, etc.?)

I should have a decission by Tuesday,

Old 07-17-2007 | 05:26 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

Breakfast at the hotel works pretty well if the group is staying there. That way any group rides are easier to get together and on the road after breakfast. Jaccuzi is usually good to have after a full day's ride but not necessary if you can't swing it.
Count me in for now, I'll twist arms down here and see if I can get a group from San Diego area going.

Old 07-18-2007 | 11:02 PM
Bluerose

I have very good prices for several Hotels. Unfortuantely a couple of them require a $500 deposit for 10 rooms and I have not had enough response to put out that kind of $$ out. I have put a poll at the top to get some counts....I really need to get a feel for how many are planning on coming. I'm pretty sure it will be me/ Hubby and also maybe my Brother-in-law and his sig.other.

My first choice is the Holiday Inn has offered $139 (plus 13% room tax) a night which includes a Full American Breakfast, indoor pool, spa, nice lounge/bar with pool table and ping pong table, and very good reviews. They will also give us a group signup web site...I thought the price might be a bit higher then the cheapo hotel but the amenities are good. They are on the main strip but don't have the greatest views. Again we need 10rooms bookedbut theydo not required a deposit. Mostly I like them because we don't have to go running around in the cool to coldevenings if we don't feel like it. Grumpy’s -- a sports bar with food, pool, and an arcade is just around the corner.

Second Choice is the Quality Inn I will need to verify the contract they require and the final room rate but it looks like around $115 or so (plus 13% room tax). They have an indoor whirlpool/hottub, under ground parking available, continental breakfast is included. Again we need 10 rooms booked. Also has good reviews. Angel's a mid-price BBQ joint is right across the street.

Third Choiceis the Swiss Chalet -- $90 a night (plus 13% room tax) but they say they will work with us. They don't offer much on the spiffy side but looks like a good basic hotel just off the main drag. They have an indoor whirlpool and a sauna.

Last but not least -- If I get 10 people that guarentee they are coming ASAP. I can get rooms at Mammoth Mountian Inn for $105 - $139 a night (plus 13% room tax) normally the rooms are about $145. They have several Jacuzzisan outdoor pool and available underground parking. It is also a nice place if you are not planning on the Yosemite ride, or have family that will be up but staying behind because it has the Gondola and the bus to hike around the Devils Postpile/Rainbow Falls. These people require a $500 deposit.

Motel 6 is 81 - 85 and is well Motel 6.

Comments from those that are coming?

Old 07-18-2007 | 11:20 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

I'm in for one. I would like to go on the YNP ride.
Holiday Inn
Quality Inn
or Mammoth Mountain Inn(not sure why it wouldn't work on the YNP ride)
Wherever everyone is staying is OK.
Will probably hang for Sunday activities.
No family needing to be entertained.
Thanks for all your work on this.
jb

Quick Reply: Pacific (West Coast) Rally - Sept 14 to 17, 2007 (update 08/19/07)