General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bikes and Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:34 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sport Bikes and Harleys

I am a rider of both Sport bikes and harleys. When I first started riding, I did come across some harley riders who didn't wave to me while on my sport bike, but most times I got the wave. I think it depends on the rider. I have come across some riders that think that if you're not on a harley then your riding crap. The way I look at it is that if your on two wheels I wave....yes even to the biker wanna be's on scooters...it seems to give them a thrill for a biker to acknowledge them.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
cleanimages
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a ducati and a harley...when i ride the harley most wave...all bike types. But on the ducati....well, Harley guys, not all but a lot, dont initiate a wave or return one. Never thought much of it till I started riding the ducati.

heres a pic of it with my son...just thought Id throw it in!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8215/531330C9E42D4950B60CB3FB26E34C53.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
zcaseman
Advanced

Well I am a HD convert, I rode metric when I was young. I grew up 15 miles from Sturgis, South Dakota where there are SERIOUS HD snobs, I would wave to them, but quit after the 1000 th time of nothing from them.

That being said, I wave to everyone if I see them in time (6 lane) or if I'm not negotiating traffic/turns.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Suki
Advanced

ORIGINAL: cleanimages

i have a ducati and a harley...when i ride the harley most wave...all bike types. But on the ducati....well, Harley guys, not all but a lot, dont initiate a wave or return one. Never thought much of it till I started riding the ducati.

heres a pic of it with my son...just thought Id throw it in!

[IMG]local://upfiles/8215/531330C9E42D4950B60CB3FB26E34C53.jpg[/IMG]

cute lil guy!
he'll be riding in NO time!!!!!
trust me=they grow like weeds!!!!!

Tx again for all the replies.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the next step is each motorcycle brand will have its own special wave! Would'nt that be exciting?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:21 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going to wave good bye to this site if I read another Douche bag thread about the WAVE. Who the hell cares ? Just ride . Wave at girls if you must wave. What a waste of time debating this .

Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 AM
girlster8015
Cruiser

I try to wave at everyone, even the girls in pink scooters. But, sometimes I'm busy concentrating on a curve, traffic, shifting etc.. and don't wave. Would hope someone wasn't thinking I'm being snobby. I do notice that if I am out driving without my husband with me, I getfewer waves. .. hmmmm

Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See ya' buzz!There will be more wave threads to come.I wave to every rider regardless what they're on.Most sportbikes will wave back if I do first.They rarely initiate the wave.When I was on sportbikes,Harley guys rarely waved back to me.On sunday,one guy gave the raised fist.Haven't seen that in years.Yeah,fight the power brother!

Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
dircha
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is so ridiculous. Biking is very mainstream. I wave if someone does to me, but as many bikes as there are of all kinds zipping around town, I don't feel that all of us out there are part of some unique group or even the same attitude or outlook that ought to have special recognition. What do I have in common with a pack of sport bike riders racing and stunting around town? So in my opinion, when it's like this, just do everyone a favor and don't "initiate" a wave if you don't feel like it; how about a nod?

But if I'm out in the early morning or out cruising around in the country or in the middle of nowhere enjoying the road and the sky and the landscape and I see someone coming, you bet I'll lower a hand, because odds are we're out there for the same reason, and acknowledging other folks like that means something to me.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:41 AM
MC 88
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

I'm going to wave good bye to this site if I read another Douche bag thread about the WAVE. Who the hell cares ? Just ride . Wave at girls if you must wave. What a waste of time debating this .
Me too.. when i was on sports bikes no Harley riders would wave...

Now im on a V Rod no Harley riders wave either.. I cant win so why bother trying ..

Quick Reply: Sport Bikes and Harleys