General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bikes and Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,379 Likes on 6,156 Posts
Default RE: Sport Bikes and Harleys

I used to wave to every biker that I passed until I started reading this forum. Now, since Ive heard this question so many times, whenever someone waves to me, I give them the finger and swerve into their lane to try and run them off the road. Then I ride straight home and log on to HDForums to see if one of you "Wave" guys has posted about me flippin you the bird and trying to make you wreck.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd rather put up wit roadrash for a week,,,than wear a leather all summer....butt thats my choice.... I don't gear up to go down,,,,I gear down to go up in the summer....and I do wave to all,,far and few between around here....

Old 06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I always wave to the Sport bikes, they rarely wave back.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
h9ll
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

I don't wave. I don't want to wave. I'm not going to wave at a hundred other bikes who come toward me everytime I ride. Some really need to get over this. A guy not returning a wave doesn't indicate anything except that he doesn't want to wave.
I agree 100%. I'll return a wave with a head nod if I am so inclined but I'm not a "waver". Same deal here, there are so many bikes in my neck of the woods that the whole ride could easily be about waving instead of riding.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

I waved to a scooter rider the other day, does that count for anything?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
The Vig
Advanced

I came off the rice burner side and I think HD guys wave moreoften than not. I use to wave back from My turbo 750. Now Busa riders hardley ever wave back. But that could be from the leaning over ifI let go ofbars my 17 year old scrawny arm will cave in as I fall off my bike. For me I chenged over because I older, rounder, and being hunched over for 150 miles is sure way to miss work the next week

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Suki

My son and i "debate" this subject MANY, many times, and i'm sure it's been discussed on this forum NUMEROUS times, but id like to see other's opinions, as well...

My son, Nate, who rides a GSXR says the "Haaaarley" riders are the "snobs" and the ones who never initiate the "wave" and my personal feeling is the Harley folks almost always will wave first, (even when i rode a metric, for many years, HD people always waved to me) regardless of your ride and it's the sport bike 'kids' who don't wave. We ride a lot together, yup the Dyna along side the Gixxer, bridging the "gap", and as a pair, i'd say 90% of the time, all riders wave, but solo, unless i wave first, ususallythe crotch rockets won't/don't, and vise versa, he says the Harley folks don't. So, in your opinion, who's snobbier, Harley people or Sport people and why do you guys think that is? j/c....
Well I found just the Opposite to be true. When my son rode a 600F4i, we rode together and people would actually Wave at me and withdraw their wave when they came to him. They would speak to me after we pulled up to a stopping place and Ignore him. That **** used to **** me off, once they found out he was a Marine, they all kissed his ***. I truely believe, as a Whole, HD Riders are the most arrogant. When I wave or speak to Metric riders, it shocks them so bad I can see it in their faces.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 PM
tank69
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a sport bike, BMW and HD rider and I wave to everyone no matterwhat I am riding or they are riding. I do notice one thing being a member of other boards, mainly the sportbike board I frequent, is that the HD riders are the ones most concerned with "the wave" and what other riders are more/less snobbish. I find it very funny how many of you are mostly concerned about who waves and who doesn't, who's the most snobbish of the riders and the other, IMO, silly and childish "rituals" or issues you come up with. I have many friends, across many makes, riding styles and ages and NONE OF THEM are as particular or as opiniated as some of the HD riders. Granted, I think many of you could care less what someone rides or who waves, but by beating the wave vs. no wave and the "ricers vs. HD riders posts in the ground tells me you should be riding more and worrying what everyone else thinks/feels MUCH less.

As long as you are on two wheels, does it really matter what you ride?

Just my .02,
Tank

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (11-05-2020)
Old 06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: ken thompson

ORIGINAL: FACTION95

Well my opinion comes from being an ex-sport bike rider. I would always read on the forums or see in person someone down on a sport bike. Dead or severely injuredbecause of no geara like squid. Or get up and walk away becauseof a good leather jacket. So gearing up is a huge thing. It makes the difference between life and death. Soeven going down at 30MPH with just a wife beater and your talking skin graph city! Its always a personal choice and statistically sport bikers go down way more than cruisers. I've been down and its a painful experience not only physically but mentally and financially as well. I know that summer is here. But wear your gear.
Is that a pic of you in your avatar wearing YOUR gear.
Yes, that is a glam shot of me in front of my house just like your sig picture.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!!! ANOTHER WAVE THREAD!!!!! I don't wave anymore. I blow a kiss and then do the Macarena when passing other bikes. On rare occasions I'll stand on the pegs and expose my genitals while blowing snot out of my nose. And with a full-face helmet it's pretty messy.[sm=gobble.gif][sm=biker.gif]

Quick Reply: Sport Bikes and Harleys