General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Bikes and Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
FACTION95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sport Bikes and Harleys

The last couple years when I used to ride a sport bike I would NEVER get a wave back from Harley riders. Now that I ride a Harley I sometimes wave to sportbike riders and most of the time get a wave back. I ride to all responsible riders. If your wearing a wife beater, shorts, and sandals don't expect any type of acknowledgement out of me.

My question is where do Buell riders fall into place in this topic?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How bout just the wife beater?

Old 06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Harley riders are a great bunch, but there are some snobs... even within the "family." They diss sportsters as a "girl's bike." I particularly get a kick out of this comment, since the sporty is generally a faster bike than the full blown hog. Speed is relevant. It cracks me up to see people dump thousands of dollars to pump up their softail or Dyna. Put some pipes on and leave it alone! If you want to go fast, buy a metric sport bike as a second toy. The best of both worlds!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I always get a wave from the harley guys. Maybe just because I am on a Harley. I never get waved to from a Sport bike. IF i wave to them sometimes I get a wave back. Maybe if I was on a sport bike it would be different.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Z_Stingray
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're wearing a wife beater????? What's a wife beater? I want to make sure I don't ever wear one so my wifewon't kick my butt.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

Well my opinion comes from being an ex-sport bike rider. I would always read on the forums or see in person someone down on a sport bike. Dead or severely injuredbecause of no geara like squid. Or get up and walk away becauseof a good leather jacket. So gearing up is a huge thing. It makes the difference between life and death. Soeven going down at 30MPH with just a wife beater and your talking skin graph city! Its always a personal choice and statistically sport bikers go down way more than cruisers. I've been down and its a painful experience not only physically but mentally and financially as well. I know that summer is here. But wear your gear.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:25 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

I don't wave. I don't want to wave. I'm not going to wave at a hundred other bikes who come toward me everytime I ride. Some really need to get over this. A guy not returning a wave doesn't indicate anything except that he doesn't want to wave.

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (11-05-2020)
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Its always a personal choice and statistically sport bikers go down way more than cruisers.
Would you please provide a link or documention to support this claim.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

Its always a personal choice and statistically sport bikers go down way more than cruisers.
Would you please provide a link or documention to support this claim.
No

Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FACTION95

Well my opinion comes from being an ex-sport bike rider. I would always read on the forums or see in person someone down on a sport bike. Dead or severely injuredbecause of no geara like squid. Or get up and walk away becauseof a good leather jacket. So gearing up is a huge thing. It makes the difference between life and death. Soeven going down at 30MPH with just a wife beater and your talking skin graph city! Its always a personal choice and statistically sport bikers go down way more than cruisers. I've been down and its a painful experience not only physically but mentally and financially as well. I know that summer is here. But wear your gear.
Is that a pic of you in your avatar wearing YOUR gear.

Quick Reply: Sport Bikes and Harleys