General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this guy serious? That might not go over so well with the wrong folks.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:54 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this guy serious? That might not go over so well with the wrong folks.

We've all experienced pulling up to a place and having folks comment on our bikes. Remarks such as, "Nice bike." usually come to mind. That said, have any of you ever had someone openly and brazenly give you a host of negative comments on your bike?

This happened to a friend of my cousin's over the weekend. We had all taken a breakfast run out of town and upon our return ended up at a local watering hole to catch a breather. After a while, this guy starts looking at the bikes; checking them out. He then starts commenting on one of the guy's bikes. He started saying stuff like, "Why all the skulls?" "I wouldn't have done this or that to the bike." "I'd have a different seat on mine." Stuff like that.

At first, we all just kind of took his first line of criticism as whatever. But he persisted in essentially trashing this guy's bike; finding fault with pretty much everything he hadto the thing. Finally, the guy asks him, "Where's YOUR bike?" He didn't have one. He then goes on to tell him that he was tired of hearing his comments and that when he gets his bike he could do whatever the helll he wanted both with and to it. The guy got the message and left.

In retrospect, it takes a good set of ***** to walk up to a group of 8 guys having a cold beer standing around their bikes and start dishing sshit about one of their rides. Anyone else ever had someone do this?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 PM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this guy serious? That might not go over so well with the wrong folks.

Maybe it was the same idiot Seikan1 ran into this morning.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:04 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Is this guy serious? That might not go over so well with the wrong folks.

I think I would have done what your cousin's friend did. Sounds like he handled it well. In this day and age you don't want to start something with someone and get stabbed or shot over it. Sounds like the guy was just some loser and dumb as a rock.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:06 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's kinda like some idiot coming up to you and your OL, and telling you, "She could use a little botox, and a rack job.

Only worse.... it your BIKE!!!

We allnotice things about otherpeople's bikes, cars, or houses that we would have done differently. It's an ignorant a$$-hole who just comes up and starts making derogatory comments.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

LMAO!

ORIGINAL: mistermooster

That's kinda like some idiot coming up to you and your OL, and telling you, "She could use a little botox, and a rack job.

Only worse.... it your BIKE!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Dogs of war
Road Captain

What a DICK! Was he hammered? He's lucky someone didn't clean his clock.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

What a DICK! Was he hammered? He's lucky someone didn't clean his clock.
No, he wasn't hammered. At least, from what I could tell. And I agree, he was fortunate that he wasn't met with something other than just words. After he left, we were all like, "Can you believe that guy?"

Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sounds like a daredevil to me - lucky he didn't say that to the wrong person. What a tool! I never criticize anybody's bike. It may not be my taste, but then I am not the one paying for it, working on it or riding it.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:32 PM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amen to that...

Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

What's the old saying? "It takes all kinds" !!!

Quick Reply: Is this guy serious? That might not go over so well with the wrong folks.