General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to handle a poor dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 04:18 PM
markblue2016@outlook.com
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to handle a poor dealer

Our dealer owned two locations. The father ran the one we went for storage and service. Everyone of his staff was awesome and great people. I spent $1000.00 Minimum a year. I purchased my bike there and also introduce my friends there. Just a fun place. If you went once, the staff so how remembered your name. Just wonderful. The problem now is the father has turned the business over to his son. The son closed our location , I understand, maybe it wasn’t doing as well as their other location?
So, we went to their other location. The two service writers could be any more miserable in rude to my friend and I. We dropped off our bikes for winter storage and service work. Mine is over thousand dollars, which is normal. Very unfriendly grumpy acted like they were doing us a favor . Our other friend was looking at bike to purchase and they acted like he was a bother. He does beat people up for price, just was asking questions about motors and was blown off.
I can’t believe the same family ownership and the totally! Opposite treatment.
Fortunately, we have another Harley dealer in town. We are going there from now on. If Harley Davidson Wants to attract the millennial’s, they’re going to need your training and impress on them to put on a happy face. Or you’ll never get these millennial’s. I’m 59 and they turned me off. Sad

The following users liked this post:
16Slim (05-06-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Nice 1st post.......

Old 04-24-2018, 04:34 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts
2goldens (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

Well, I hope you stick around to participate in this forum beyond this one post. Not a very auspicious start...just in my own opinion...Maybe if you were to share your thoughts with that dealer, your efforts would have more impact, in the bigger picture.

Uncle Larry (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 04:41 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,947 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Welcome aboard!!

Old 04-24-2018, 05:15 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,667 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Veekness
Well, I hope you stick around to participate in this forum beyond this one post. Not a very auspicious start...just in my own opinion...Maybe if you were to share your thoughts with that dealer, your efforts would have more impact, in the bigger picture.
And when someone uses their (?) email address as a username I really have to wonder about their thought process. Like do they really have any...

The following 2 users liked this post by nobodyknowsme:
Clint44 (04-25-2018), Rakthi (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 05:34 PM
AZRenegade
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
And when someone uses their (?) email address as a username I really have to wonder about their thought process. Like do they really have any...
Maybe you should apply the same principle to your response.

Anyway, it has been my experience that bad morale flows from the top down. If the employees are unhappy and have a "give a damn" attitude, speaking to the root of the issue isn't going to result in change. The best way to address the situation is to hit the dealer where it hurts, find another dealer. If anything is going to change the owner's attitude a significant drop in revenue will. The market isn't what it once was and these dealers need to start appreciating loyal consumers if they are going to survive. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2018, 05:37 PM
Tired
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,805 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Sounds like your grand a year doesn't buy special butt kissing privileges anymore. So the OP joins a forum to **** & moan about someone at a dealership not smiling at him.

Ok OP I'll sooth your butthurt. "Darn those meanie heads!" All better now?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:48 PM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

When treated poorly take your business elsewhere. Try American Harley in N. Tonawanda.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:48 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
Nice 1st post.......

Quick Reply: How to handle a poor dealer