General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to handle a poor dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,667 Likes on 6,425 Posts

[QUOTE=AZRenegade;17303764]Maybe you should apply the same principle to your response. /QUOTE]

Ummmm, okay??? Guess I'm a little slow and that being said, ya lost me.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 PM
Cogswell
Road Captain
Received 262 Likes on 127 Posts

Don't like a dealer ? Vote with your wallet and don't spend money there !

Old 04-24-2018, 06:15 PM
AZRenegade
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

[QUOTE=nobodyknowsme;17303834]
Originally Posted by AZRenegade
Maybe you should apply the same principle to your response. /QUOTE]

Ummmm, okay??? Guess I'm a little slow and that being said, ya lost me.
Let me spell it out for you: If you don't have something positive to add, keep your attitude to yourself! Ummmm, how's that?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:20 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,927 Likes on 4,973 Posts

So have ya done the bar crawl at Oswego, yet? I see you're from Buffalo.

Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Taito
Advanced
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Find a different dealership. The shitty ones generally fold up in no time.

​​​​​​A few weeks ago a friend stopped by one location and was not greeted once during his hour there. He went back to an older dealership--further drive--where he used to get services done. Two years have gone by since then but the owner immediately remembered his name. Lo and behold, he drops $40k on a new bike and rang the bell.

Last edited by Taito; 04-24-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 641 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
And when someone uses their (?) email address as a username I really have to wonder about their thought process. Like do they really have any...
Well, agreed...they don't intend to participate positively. ..usually they either:

1. Have gotten butt hurt at some dealer, parts company, or seller and thirst for revenge, or...

2. Join for the sole reason to sell something, as if the forum is an alternative to Craigslist.

Why come up with a snappy name if yer gonna basically be one & done, ya know?

Old 04-24-2018, 06:42 PM
markblue2016@outlook.com
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New dealer

ok, going to American Harley in the future. Received some negative and positive responses. I get both sides. But if Harley has loyal base and is focusing on millenniums, they need to realize they need to kiss ***. It’s not like the old days. I have a business and unfortunately have to kiss their ***. It’s the real new. Ok, don’t do it, your going to go out of business.
ok, your not going to like this, and I’m a piece of crap! But Harley has to look at the new world. For all of you that think I was looking at my *** getting kissed! Wrong, I had found a dearly that appreciateed a loyal customer. You can go on. Amazon and undermined your world...Iknow you haters are the same people buying amazon. Your under minding America!
you know who you are...

Old 04-24-2018, 06:45 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,667 Likes on 6,425 Posts

[QUOTE=AZRenegade;17303911]
Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme

Let me spell it out for you: If you don't have something positive to add, keep your attitude to yourself! Ummmm, how's that?
I don't like rocking the boat and don't have thin skin but you seem to have missed my point. OP posted what they did. I simply commented that using an email address was not the best choice for a username? Now did I stutter somewhere? I, unlike YOU, don't have an attitude and almost everything I post is positive. You on the other hand? Nah...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...F1&FORM=WRVORC

Old 04-24-2018, 06:47 PM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 437 Likes on 292 Posts

The dealer I bought from is shooting their self in the foot also its 2 stores 1 owner with similar actions ,if it’s not warranty I don’t go in the service dept. and they wonder why business is down

Old 04-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 7,204 Likes on 3,424 Posts

Originally Posted by markblue2016@outlook.com
Our dealer owned two locations. The father ran the one we went for storage and service. Everyone of his staff was awesome and great people. I spent $1000.00 Minimum a year. I purchased my bike there and also introduce my friends there. Just a fun place. If you went once, the staff so how remembered your name. Just wonderful. The problem now is the father has turned the business over to his son. The son closed our location , I understand, maybe it wasn’t doing as well as their other location?
So, we went to their other location. The two service writers could be any more miserable in rude to my friend and I. We dropped off our bikes for winter storage and service work. Mine is over thousand dollars, which is normal. Very unfriendly grumpy acted like they were doing us a favor . Our other friend was looking at bike to purchase and they acted like he was a bother. He does beat people up for price, just was asking questions about motors and was blown off.
I can’t believe the same family ownership and the totally! Opposite treatment.
Fortunately, we have another Harley dealer in town. We are going there from now on. If Harley Davidson Wants to attract the millennial’s, they’re going to need your training and impress on them to put on a happy face. Or you’ll never get these millennial’s. I’m 59 and they turned me off. Sad

You started off OK, but then you went all Vinnie Sansevere on us.

Quick Reply: How to handle a poor dealer