General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Roadking problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007 | 04:24 PM
chippy
|
3rd Gear
Default 03 Roadking problem

Hello to all,

I have a 03 Roadking Classic (FI) with a problem. I gassed up at a gas station last weekend and within 10 miles after leaving the bike started backfiring and losing power when I started decelerating. In fact when I tried blipping the throttle it wouldn't even rev up. I was able to get the bike home. I have never had any problems with the bike in the past, it's always run very good. I immediately thought I had put in some bad gas but I am not sure now. I drained & siphoned as much of the gas from the tank as I could and filled with freshpremiumfrom my local gas station. I also added somefuel injector cleaner and changed the plugs. The bike will start and run fine initially but after the engine gets warmed up good it will start running very rough again. Unfortunately, my local independent service guy doesn't have the diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot further. I will more than likely have to take it in to a HD dealer to have it worked on. Has anyone else had this type of problem? Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated!