General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone NOT wear a helmet at all?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:45 AM
JohnnyMagic
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 164 Posts

MI "repealed"? the helmet law 6-8 years ago?
Ins. co's "claimed" you needed an additional 22000.00 in liability? How'ed they come up with that figure?
Found out later you are NOT obligated to pay it. Just another Ins. scam.

It only cost 20 or so bucks so I gladly paid it and went back to riding without a lid unless cold, or at night if riding far-fast.

I met my beautiful wife in 96' and got her riding. We went to Cuyahoga Falls, OH for a weekend trip.
I rode my Buell as it matched her GS 500 SuziQ starter bike better.
We both had full-face helmets.
100 degrees out that week so we rode without and loved it.
Remember how "weird" it looked seeing riders without lids.

To the whiney college boy D-bag. If you are ever in Denver at a bike night or event.
Feel FREE to approach me and demand money to pay for your increased expenses. (I'll be the one with NO HELMET)
We'll see how good your Obamacare ins. is?

To the rest of the Harley come lately, dentist, lawyer, doctor wannabe tough guy types insulting me. FU!

JM

Old 04-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,288 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic
MI "repealed"? the helmet law 6-8 years ago?
Ins. co's "claimed" you needed an additional 22000.00 in liability? How'ed they come up with that figure?
Found out later you are NOT obligated to pay it. Just another Ins. scam.

It only cost 20 or so bucks so I gladly paid it and went back to riding without a lid unless cold, or at night if riding far-fast.

I met my beautiful wife in 96' and got her riding. We went to Cuyahoga Falls, OH for a weekend trip.
I rode my Buell as it matched her GS 500 SuziQ starter bike better.
We both had full-face helmets.
100 degrees out that week so we rode without and loved it.
Remember how "weird" it looked seeing riders without lids.

To the whiney college boy D-bag. If you are ever in Denver at a bike night or event.
Feel FREE to approach me and demand money to pay for your increased expenses. (I'll be the one with NO HELMET)
We'll see how good your Obamacare ins. is?

To the rest of the Harley come lately, dentist, lawyer, doctor wannabe tough guy types insulting me. FU!

JM
ha! An internet tough guy, look at that! Never seen one of those before.

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (04-24-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 08:57 AM
JohnnyMagic
Road Captain
Received 255 Likes on 164 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jshopes
ha! An internet tough guy, look at that! Never seen one of those before.
At least you were smart enough to respond to the "whiney, college-boy DOUCHE-BAG :-)

Post your bike!

JM

Old 04-23-2018, 09:17 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyMagic
At least you were smart enough to respond to the "whiney, college-boy DOUCHE-BAG :-)

Post your bike!

JM
you say college boy douche bag like its an insult. Educated ******* fits better. And that would be my bike after i went down on it.

if you look real close you can see the rash all over the front of that arai sitting on the seat. If i had a dime for every time someone told me i was an ******* id be paying cash for a new cvo bike.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:46 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

you say college boy douche bag like its an insult. Educated ******* fits better. And that would be my bike after i went down on it.

if you look real close you can see the rash all over the front of that arai sitting on the seat. If i had a dime for every time someone told me i was an ******* id be paying cash for a new cvo bike.
Hopefully, you've replaced that lid by now as its just as useless not wearing one. But you probably know that.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:48 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,964 Likes on 5,919 Posts

But, nobody will be able to see his battle scars and know what a badass he is if he replaces it.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:54 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by junior07
I used to go without a helmet every one in a while. But, I went down a little while back while wearing my Dayton 1/2 helmet, and my head bounced on the concrete at least once wile I was rolling down the road. Just a little scratch on the side on the helmet....

So, now I always wear a helmet.

Was the incident "due to lack of skills and oblivious to their surroundings"? Just kidding because sometimes 'stuff' happens anyway.

My suggestion is that consideration be given to different possibilities. Wearing a helmet for a few minutes/hours, and looking foolish or being uncomfortable, if that is how a person feels. Or, if a person is involved in an incident of some sort, possibly 'living' with the results of a head injury every second for the rest of their 'life'. Helmets aren't a panacea and can't prevent all injuries, but....

For some people the 'living' part doesn't last long and the head injury kills them. Others 'live' for years or decades at less then full capabilities, some much less. The second possibility is far worse, IMO, because the injured person can understand what happened, or is taking place, and is unable to overcome the results of their injury. Perhaps the saddest part of that are the effects on a rider's family.

Although they didn't choose to partake in actions that resulted in a bad situation, they are left to cope with the results.

Last edited by rjg883c; 04-23-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member

That was a combination of a bunch of things. Came into a foggy bend hot and had bambi pop out on me mid bend. The insurance bought me a new lid also so as soon as i get the bluetooth off the old one its going in the trash.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,479 Likes on 1,415 Posts

if you look real close you can see the rash all over the front of that arai sitting on the seat. If i had a dime for every time someone told me i was an ******* id be paying cash for a new cvo bike.[/i]
That looks like a Langlitz Cascade jacket on the seat?

If so, you have good taste in gear! How did the jacket fare in the off?

Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I used to ride with one most of the time, but frequently went without. I high sided once at about 60 mph and my head was the first thing to hit the pavement (luckily I was wearing my helmet). Since then I don't ride without one.

Quick Reply: Anyone NOT wear a helmet at all?