General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Harley Restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:15 PM
josh
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Harley Restrictions?

I was curious if any of you guys have heard of this... i went to the closest harley store around here which isn't many and a guy told me that in 08 they are going to have to be compliant with california which will hinder the power.. i dont have a clue what kind of rules cali has but i was curious if anybody has any info or heard anything about that.. i'm figuring this guy is just trying to cob me into buying a 07 before 08s bust out.. i dunno

Old 06-21-2007, 10:17 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 2008 Harley Restrictions?

Oh! Man no power,engine lugs,runs hot,and that daggone 5th gear.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:15 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard Harley is no longer selling bikes, just Harley clothes.

[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 06-22-2007, 05:42 AM
IraqIs4Lovers
Cruiser

original: AZ Rider

That's funny cause I went home on leave from Iraq in May and went to Disney World with my wife and went to the Orlando Harley Davidson store in Downtown Disney. It was the biggest joke ever cause it was nothing but apparel. The kids working there were no more than 21 years old and I'm willing to bet none of them owned a harley or new the difference between a sportster and a road king. Maybe that was the first of the new clothes only Harley-Davidson stores.

SSG Neil Bailey
07 Super Glide

Old 06-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barb's HD have a nice store at Philadelphia Airport. Only sells clothes. Accessories, parts etc you can only sell to Harley owners, Clothes you can sell to 90% of the population. I guess that's where the money is. Place was packed. Some bird was buying a string, another one buying something for the kids. Lot of sales.

I was there picking up a load of parts from Barb's Philadelphia Downtown HD that they left at the airport for me to pick up on the way back to Europe.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Zattaltin
Cruiser

Regardless if anything like that is going to happen it will happen to Cali and things will be different in other states like it is with the cages.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:28 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: IraqIs4Lovers

That's funny cause I went home on leave from Iraq in May and went to Disney World with my wife and went to the Orlando Harley Davidson store in Downtown Disney. It was the biggest joke ever cause it was nothing but apparel. The kids working there were no more than 21 years old and I'm willing to bet none of them owned a harley or new the difference between a sportster and a road king. Maybe that was the first of the new clothes only Harley-Davidson stores.

SSG Neil Bailey
07 Super Glide

Lots of those stores popping up at vacation sites around the world.
I was at a nice apparel only store in the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu. Lots of nice HD "island" clothing.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Delaware 1200 Custom
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SSG Neil Bailey
07 Super Glide
Here in Delaware, in Rehoboth Beach, there is a Harley-Davidson Outlet store.... and you guessed it, they only sell clothes... no bikes, not even parts

Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Denver airport has a cloths store owned by the local dealer. Our Columbia Mo dealer opens a store every year in the mall around Christmas with just cloths and stuff.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:37 PM
vegashd
Banned

SSG Neil Bailey
07 Super Glide
Hell they have been around for years like that.... WHo says you HAVE to have bikes in a store? does Ron Jon sell surf boards at all locations? nope.... no need they sell CLOTHING!!!!!!
It is a lifestyle... How in the world do you htink Jesse James got his money by building bikes? NO chance in hell. It was the 15 million a year in clothing he was selling......

Quick Reply: 2008 Harley Restrictions?