General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACC Polo DOT Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
padsave30
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACC Polo DOT Helmet

Been hearing a lot about this helmet. Does anyone have it and wear it backwards? Also, I looked on their website and the biggest size they have is large which only accomadates head sizes up to 7 3/8 and Im around 7 3/4. Do they offer and bigger sizes etc?

Old 06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ACC Polo DOT Helmet

call them, find out

Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i khave the dot polo from them and no you cannot wear it backwords like a novelty helmet, but it is the nicest helment out there, i get knothing but compliments on it , best advise call them and give them your measurements, they have a great staff

Old 06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
nb472
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I've got one and love it.It's Lightweight, doesn't lift in the wind and looksgreat.No, you can't wear it backwards. I needed the straps moved back 1/4in. and it was no problem. I think they can make a helmet to fit any head. However, I feel the helmet is a bit over priced and for a DOT helmet I wonder how it will perform in a crash compared to the bigger and heavier dot's.Also, get the D-rings.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
padsave30
Intermediate

Appreciate all the help, I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they can do. Which colors do you have on ur ACC's?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:29 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I ordered a non DOT half helmet from them with d rings. ITs gonna be a few weeks, but it will be worth the wait. Apparently the only thing that the non DOT helmets didnt pass to be certified was a spear test. apparently DOT used an ACTUALL spear and it barely made it through thus no certification. Thats good enough for me because if I find myself behind a Spear delivery truck, Ill gladly change lanes! The non dots passed every other test, so if you want a non dot from them, know that it IS 99% as safe as a their DOT. I figure that if I have something about to spear my head, chances are that it will hit my face, and the spear test would be for nought anyway!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Ben U

I ordered the DOT ACC helmet from them when I walked in their store. Very helpful and professional group of people. They custom fit the helmet to me, actually heated up the helmet and formed a purfect fit to my skull. They also told me that if I ever have problems with it, they'll fix it. Worth the price IMO.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:02 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ditto on the d-rings, i actually bought the quick realease and it woulden`t stay tight for some reason they said send it back, and they would fix, i did and they sent me a brand new one and they even paid shipping, overpriced heck no for service like that i`ll pay the tow

Old 06-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Dago_RoadKing
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: padsave30

Been hearing a lot about this helmet. Does anyone have it and wear it backwards? Also, I looked on their website and the biggest size they have is large which only accomadates head sizes up to 7 3/8 and Im around 7 3/4. Do they offer and bigger sizes etc?
I bought mine a little over 6 months ago. At highway speeds it was lifting when worn forward. I think the straps where placed badly. I noticed that it worked fine when worn backwards. I never sent it back and have been wearing it backward from the day I bought it. I had one other incident with the helmet. The DOT foam on the inside came away from the helmet. A few drops of Crazy Glue and that was solved. Why didn't I send it back? I love the helmet so much I could not do without it. Nice look, nice feel, nice fit (although I have to wear it backwards).