General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach bike week

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

I go every year (May and Oct). Never venture north of the HD dealership on the south end. Spend most of my time on the beach and at Murrells Inlet, SBB, Beaver Bar. Never an issue with local PD or Hwy Patrol. Leave before the other Bike Week begins and you'll be fine.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:08 AM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Remember in Horry County (Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle, surfside etc), festivities like barefoot landing and spokes and bones, cant officially start til Monday. Georgetown County (Murrells inlet) the party starts Friday

Try Socasstee Station...

Last edited by bobg03; 04-05-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:19 AM
atl fahrer
Cruiser

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by E8USMCRET
I go every year (May and Oct). Never venture north of the HD dealership on the south end. Spend most of my time on the beach and at Murrells Inlet, SBB, Beaver Bar. Never an issue with local PD or Hwy Patrol. Leave before the other Bike Week begins and you'll be fine.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:31 AM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 82 Posts

For the first time last year, I found a spot off of 501 in the city (I think) that had a few vendors and a fun bike rodeo on Saturday afternoon. Worth the watch and you can enter, also. You enter off the highway between a building and car lot, I think and it opens up to a rather nice area, but you can't find it if you don't know where to look.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:15 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a friend who owns a home not far from Merrills Inlet....I go every Year with the club and have a blast,but Stay AWAY From N.Myrtle or the City Limits......cops suck and bullshit stops are the norm.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:54 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Lots of different info. I'm surprised.

Daytona has a handful of major stops. Then you stop in between. Or head up to A1A to St Augustine. 90% is wrapped around 4 streets.

Going to take info and try to make heads or tails out of it. Lol.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:40 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
Lots of different info. I'm surprised.

Daytona has a handful of major stops. Then you stop in between. Or head up to A1A to St Augustine. 90% is wrapped around 4 streets.

Going to take info and try to make heads or tails out of it. Lol.
AGREED- BUT if you ARE A 1%ER Club Member,Prospect,Associate,Hangaround Or an invited pack rider or friend of the CLUB ITSELF with ANY "Indicia" of related status you'll get jacked up and hassled beyond the realm that I can explain to you .LICENSE Plate location and illumination,Aftermarket Pipes,Bar Height,Exhaust decibel readings,MC License endorsements ( ANY STATE In the USA ) .....I can go ON and ON so beware DUDE. STAY OUTTA MYRTLE BEACH and stick to HORRY COUNTY .Just because of My Club PATCH ( HAMC CALIFORNIA ) I've spent more time on the shoulders and strip mall Parking lots and other non descript ocean view Myrtle Beach main byways and hotel in & out's than you can imagine .I learned and experienced a long time ago
( 2009)-stay In HORRY COUNTY and enjoy the scenic roads and roadhouses,keep it down to a DULL ROAR and you'll enjoy South Carolina .

Old 04-05-2018, 09:24 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Off topic... But at one e time they'd also lock you up for standing on the sidewalk for to long in one place!

And the have rammed their baton up my pipes on my old sportyi had once checking for baffles.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Originally Posted by VT81
AGREED- BUT if you ARE A 1%ER Club Member,Prospect,Associate,Hangaround Or an invited pack rider or friend of the CLUB ITSELF with ANY "Indicia" of related status you'll get jacked up and hassled beyond the realm that I can explain to you .LICENSE Plate location and illumination,Aftermarket Pipes,Bar Height,Exhaust decibel readings,MC License endorsements ( ANY STATE In the USA ) .....I can go ON and ON so beware DUDE. STAY OUTTA MYRTLE BEACH and stick to HORRY COUNTY .Just because of My Club PATCH ( HAMC CALIFORNIA ) I've spent more time on the shoulders and strip mall Parking lots and other non descript ocean view Myrtle Beach main byways and hotel in & out's than you can imagine .I learned and experienced a long time ago
( 2009)-stay In HORRY COUNTY and enjoy the scenic roads and roadhouses,keep it down to a DULL ROAR and you'll enjoy South Carolina .
Good scoop. Murrells Inlet is in Georgetown County. The lack of hassle in southern Horry and Georgetown County would explain why I see so many 81 south of the border even in Garden City and Surfside Beach. I saw a guy practically do a burnout in front of a dozen SC Hwy Patrol outside of SBB and they did nothing. I stay out of MB so I don't have any nightmares to tell.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:26 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,579 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Not totally true, at one time because of problems associated with the bike week that follows Harley Bike Week the city imposed new laws that would blanket both weeks. In doing so it appeared they were singling out Harley Week, which was not the case. The laws have since been lifted and the "I love you Harley biker banners are back out.
LOL, why not just say it. They didn't want Black Bike Week that happens a week after MBBW. Too many problems with hotels getting torn up, restaurant checks not getting paid, riding like idiots, overall bad behavior.

I haven't been since 2004 and would like to go back soon. Not sure I can make it work this year. There are a lot of places to go and some "must go" places that have been mentioned.

The following users liked this post:
Mastiff107 (04-08-2018)

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach bike week